52 ford pu ps

Hello, new to the group. I drive a 52 that is perty stock. I would like to add power steering if that is possible. Any body know of a way or a conversion kit or something that would allow me to put a power steering unit on this pickup.Thanks in advance.

Reply to
GMat2600mhz

Having owned several 48-52 pick-ups, I can honestly say that you don't need power steering on the stock I beam King pins. Why do you think you do? If its too difficult to turn, you have a problem, fix it. If you are running low profile 12 inch wide tires, then deal with it. If you have a problem with it wandering all over the road (more likely), then tighten up your link rod and grease it good, (probably taking it down and cleaning it real good first would help). If the king pins are worn, re-bush it. I've run 15" and

16" tires - radials and bias on my old Fords and even when its 40 below there was always enough torque with the steering wheel to turn. now if you are running a little 13" steering wheel, then you may be having a time of it. Save up some money and buy you a fatman front end and revamp it all at once, don't try to adapt new technology to that truck steering, if you do I believe it would be a waste of money and too much time and effort. Just my two cents. I don't believe anyone makes a kit directly for it anyway. There would be a couple universal hydraulic assist set-ups but I'd bet money that you would have over half of what a fatman would cost and way more time/effort. Flathead Dan
Reply to
J. Dan Jones

Ford Truck Enthusiasts

look for their forums, it is free to register and use.

-W

-Woogeroo

Reply to
Woogeroo®