I have a 63' C-20 with a 3 on the tree..unfortunately..can anyone

tell me what exactly I need to acquire for a four speed conversion..? What do they call a four speed that would have come stock in the 63' 3/4 ton? I believe the three speed is called a Saginaw?Are the four speeds hard to find? Any help would be appreciated..thanks ab

Reply to
Axle Bandit

I know that one of the four speeds used was a Muncie T-10. Don't know if there were others. If your building more HP, you may want to look for a Super T-10, made from about 70 to 76, I think.

Reply to
Loodsir2

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 20:35:52 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Axle Bandit) puked:

A donor car would be nice...

lab~rat

Well, that was completely wrong. left out a sentence. Muncie made M20, M21 and M22. Think M20 in the early 60s chevys. The T-10 was (is) a BW tranny. Super T-10 also. surprised no one flamed me for that.

Reply to
Loodsir2

What engine do you have and what will you be using the truck for?For trailering use the Muncie SM420 or 465.They will give you a "granny low" for getting it started.For campers or other use get a NP 435 CR(close ratio)These have a 4.56 low.You will need a 12 inch clutch and it would be good to have a donor truck for mounts,etc.You may need to change driveshaft length.

******************** There are three kinds of lies; lies,damned lies,and statistics.---Disraeli
Reply to
Brian Orion