A series engine unlead convertion

Hi

As you may know I have a 68 ex army morris traveller, my question is I hope a simple one. How can you tell if it has been converted to unleaded petrol?

Chris.

--

+++ Chris's Classic Car can be seen at
Chris Stubbs

but you will need to get it clean before anything becomes visible, and take the valves out of course. I have a new A-series unleaded head fully assembled and waiting to go on the engine, and it's completely indistinguishable from the leaded one visually. Unless anyone knows better.......

Reply to
Les Rose

Even this may not distinguish anything.

Very hard to tell on a visual inspection.

rm

Reply to
me

Best thing IMHO is to just run it unleaded. If it's a proper unleaded head all will be well. If not , eventually , and it might be a long while , it will show.Then will be the time to convert it.

Reply to
vob