hi

guys i have got a big problem with my reault 5 gt turbo. whenevr im drivig, i hover heat! im gettin a new gasket on it! but can it b any other reason? let me kno if ther is any other way to solve this problem out! that s my first car n i spend most of my money on it! plz help me

Reply to
kam

"kam" wrote in news:1126784713.839878.84370 @g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

God! Did you send this by text message? ;-)

If you're overheating it'll most likely be a problem with the cooling system. I presume you have the coolant topped up properly?

Does the electric cooling fan come on when the engine is hot? If not it might be worth investigating the fan fuse, the fan thermostat, then the fan itself, then the fan wiring.

If it does, then the water system may well have a fault.

Before looking at expensive options, check that there are no air locks in the water system. I believe the Renault has bleed valves on all the top water hoses. See if you can let air out of these while the engine running. Also give the hoses a squeeze while running to try to force air bubbles back up to the header tank.

If it's not air in the system then my first suspicion would be the coolant thermostat (that redirects cooling water through the radiator once the engine is hot).

Second suspicion would be the water pump.

Then you'd have to start looking at the possibility of a silted up system with sludge blocking the waterways in the engine or the radiator.

Hope this helps,

Rich

Reply to
Richard Polhill

And they say educational standards are dropping? :-)

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)