Personalised Reg. Query.

Silly question seeing as I've already been through this ordeal twice (and got it wrong!!!!!) but as I'm about to do it again I would appreciate advice on the best way to transfer my number from my outgoing Xantia to my incoming C-Max. First time was OK because the outgoing car didn't go in P.Ex, so I could retain the paperwork. Second time the car went in P.Ex. and an overzealous secretary sent all the Doc's to Swansea, so I had to wait 4 weeks til they came back. Meantime my old car was sold and even after I transferred the number to my new one I spotted my old car one day with the same number on, even after giving the dealer the amended Tax disc and MOT!!!! Is there an easy way to do the deal and just pay one fee??

Reply to
Charles Hamilton

....especially in a group were most will probably be more intent on keeping original registrations on the car they were first issued to, more than likely classic (if not Thoroughbred or Vintage) cars. Most peoples experiences of DVLA procedure in this group will be trying to

*retain* registrations rather than exchanging/swapping them I suspect!

Might I suggest, if you have not already done so, that you post your question to either the uk.rec.cars.maintenance, uk.rec.cars.misc or uk.rec.driving groups were you are more likely to find people who can help.

Reply to
Jerry

What's your problem with life Jerry, other than breathing? Fed up creating hassle on uk.rec.models.rail are we? Wanker. The bloke asked a question, either answer it in some sort of helpful manner or shut-up, but don't have a bloody go at everyone all the time.

Badger.

Reply to
Badger

: > ....especially in a group were most will probably be more intent on : > keeping original registrations on the car they were first issued to, : > more than likely classic (if not Thoroughbred or Vintage) cars. Most : > peoples experiences of DVLA procedure in this group will be trying to : > *retain* registrations rather than exchanging/swapping them I suspect! : >

: > Might I suggest, if you have not already done so, that you post your : > question to either the : > uk.rec.cars.maintenance, uk.rec.cars.misc or uk.rec.driving groups : > were you are more likely to find people who can help. : : What's your problem with life Jerry, other than breathing? Fed up creating

Care to point out where anything I said is *factually* incorrect?

: hassle on uk.rec.models.rail are we? Wanker.

Nice to se that you signed your post, trouble is you did so in the middle of it!

The bloke asked a question, : either answer it in some sort of helpful manner or shut-up, but don't have a : bloody go at everyone all the time. :

Try actually reading what I said - again all you have done is prove (yet again) that trolls can't read.

The question was *off topic*;

"but as I'm about to do it again I would appreciate advice on the best way to transfer my number from my outgoing Xantia to my incoming C-Max"

All I did was to point the OP towards three other groups were he is more likely to get the help he wants, if you think there is a problem in doing that then it shows that you are the one with the problem, not me...

Reply to
Jerry

If you want to be certain about it & have the time, apply for the registration to be put on retention IIRC the cost is £105. Then sell/dispose/PX the car, once you have the new car you then transfer the the number at no extra cost. The advantage of this is you are in control & you do things as you want.

The other option is to have both V5C's both MOT's & possibly both VED discs if they are both taxed. You can then do it all in one go for £80 but the V5C's will take a while to come back, this may not be convenient for the new owner.

You are also best if you can doing this in person at your local DVLA office.

Alan... p.s. Jerry please don't bother to answer, but I bet you can't resist.

Reply to
Alan Smith
< Snipped Jerry's drivel. >

Yawn.......... Plonk! Badger.

Reply to
Badger

: : Yawn.......... Plonk! : Badger. :

Another person who likes to dish the crap but doesn't like it when it gets thrown back at them...

Reply to
Jerry

Gerald (can I call you Gerald), do you find such aggressive language rewarding. Here we all sit at our computers, drawn together by a shared interest in old cars, and we see your aggressive, profanity- filled postings. What do you suppose happens then? Do we all think "Oh, it's big strong scary Jerry" or do we think "Oh, just another prat hiding behind his keyboard?"

You can reply to this as you like, of course. You can say "f*ck" properly if you want to be really tough. But what will it achieve, Gerald, what will it achieve?

Ian

Reply to
The Real Doctor

Sod all left to reply to...

Reply to
Jerry

You must admit that it was awfully jolly of him to offer, clearly making such advances is another of his many talents.

Reply to
Richard H Huelin

LOL just knew you wouldn't be able to resist, btw I never said you couldn't just politely asked you not to.

Alan...

Reply to
Alan Smith

I suspect that a lot of people in here wouldn't really give a toss if the plate was of the usual standard of 'personalised', i.e. "A11 KNP" or whatever.

I wouldn't give a toss if it was "1 A", it's a reg plate - that is all. When registrations were first issued in 1903 they were supposed to be transferable to the car that replaced 'em. So if you had a car with a nice plate, but the car was knackered, you could put that plate onto your next car.

It's different with some plates, and some older stuff does look a bit funny with the DVLA 'age related' plates on as they tend to all be plates from the highlands of Scotland or some obscure bit of Wales and therefore instantly recognisable.

Reply to
Pete M

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Jerry" saying something like:

Fuck off and bang some more rocks together, Jerry.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Reply to
Peter Chadbund