Rover 75 Tourer

What utter bollocks.

An assertion that someone made (some) posts at a certain time of day or night is not proof of consumption of alcohol. Go and ask that first year law student you put such faith in to explain it to you. Obviously you will have to ask them to leave out the long words.

More hollow accusations.

Reply to
Steve Firth

There's none so blind as those who will not see.

Read for comprehension, laddie. I said "circumstantial evidence," not "proof." You need to master comprehension before we can start tossing long words at *you*.

You've got nothing left, have you?

Reply to
Dean Dark

There is no such thing as criminal libel. Libel is always a civil offence.

Jim

Reply to
Indy Jess John

You fool. Don't go injecting facts into this thread.

It's nearly chucking out time. He'll be along in a moment to dismiss both of us, with extreme prejudice.

Reply to
Dean Dark

Learn English, sonny.

You need to get over yourself. It will need an extremely short ladder.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Sedition, seditious libel and defmatory libel are criminal libel.

Reply to
Steve Firth

You are not the royal family, so sedition does not apply in this case.

Libel is any intentional false communication, that harms a person's reputation; decreases the respect, regard, or confidence in which a person is held.

Defamatory libel requires you to go further than hurt feelings. In a criminal court, the libel must be seen to have the potential of leading to some breach of the peace via the publication of a defamatory statement. The defamatory statement must be made available to the court in permanent form.

So are you going to throw your toys out of the cot, having engraved them with the contents of this thread as a permanent record? Having proved of course that the communication was intentionally false and that you were held in any regard by this newsgroup before that statement was made!

Good luck with that.

Jim

Reply to
Indy Jess John

We need to stick a fork in your arse and turn you over. You're done.

Reply to
Dean Dark

If you're going to quote Lou Reed, at least get it right or you'll look like a lamer.

Oh hang on... you already do.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I didn't say I was. An idiot stated that there was no such thing as criminal libel. I pointed out that he's wrong.

Reply to
Steve Firth

It's that time of day again, isn't it?

Pardon me if I paraphrased, instead of quoting every precise damned word of everything from memory. You quite obviously got my drift.

You don't deny that there's a fork stuck in your arse? Does the fork hurt? Does it hurt to have a lamer jabbing and twisting a fork into your arse? What does that make you?

Do tell.

Reply to
Dean Dark

What the time when you start talking bullshit? It certainly is. But then again that's any time of day isn't it Dork?

I "got" the fact that you didn't even understand the context of what you were attempting to quote and couldn't manage to do.

Uh huh, so it's something you read on usenet and didn't quite understand, why is no one surprised that you failed to understand something, again?

Reply to
Steve Firth

No, I was once again referring to the time of day that you often start your drunken babbling and sniping. You're well-known for it.

Now I think of it, the original quote is the wrong grammatical case for what I needed, that's why. It's too subtle a difference for *you* to see, I suppose. Next, you'll be trying to make some feeble point about arses and asses.

Nah, I heard Lou Reed perform it live at a cozy little 1,500 seat theatre some years ago. You ever seen him? He's a great live performer.

So what about this fork that's stuck in your arse, then? It's going to be very distracting while you're driving. I hope you don't hit anything. Like a deer, say. Head on. Going *really* fast. While over the limit ...

Reply to
Dean Dark

You wouldn't know grammar if it jumped up and bit your arse.

Bye

Reply to
Steve Firth

I guess you finally ran out of flimsy little straws to clutch at, then.

If you roll over on your back and wag your tail, maybe somebody will scratch your belly. Hell, Even I might *possibly* steel myself, hold my nose, and do it.

You sad sack.

Reply to
Dean Dark