Spitfire Houndstooth Seats

I was wondering if someone would be so kind as to help me locate the correct Beige houndstooth fabric that was used on the 1977-1980 triumph spitfires.

I've seen the seat covers that are made by Newton Commercial and the houndstooth fabric is a perfect match. Only thing is the beige vinyl is a very bad match. Please picture:

It seems that all of the suppliers like Rimmer Bros, Moss Motors, British Victoria all sell the Newton Commercial kits. I purchased a set from Moss and I was disappointed that the beige vinyl did not match at all as you can see in the picture. The cloth houndstooth seat panels are a perfect match though.

My spitfire only has 14,000 miles and the only part of the seat that needs replacement is the houndstooth seat panels. I thought I would try contacting Newton Commercial to see if they would sell me a couple of yards of their fabric and I would have a local trimmer sew in new panels for me.

The response from Newton is that they won't sell the just the fabric to a retail customer. All they offered to do is sell me another set of their poorly matched seat covers.

I was wondering if anyone in this group knows how I could locate some of this material?

Best Regards, Rusty

Reply to
Rusty

I located a good match for the beige vinyl:

This is a very good match to the Triumph code C74 (Beige Vinyl)

I found this at The Trim Store:

Too bad Newton Commercial can't find a decent match!!!!!!

I'm still finding no luck with the houndstooth fabric. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cherrs,, Rusty

Reply to
Rusty

The newton commercial beige vinyl is brown. The vinyl on the spitfires is more of a golden/honey color.

Here's a picture with the Newton Commercial sample:

Rusty

Sure it is not brown. Here's a picture of what it should look from a

1980 advertisement flyer:

Apart from the steering wheel being on the wrong side that is!

Reply to
Rusty