Spitfire 1500 Houndstooth Seats

I was wondering if someone would be so kind as to help me locate the correct Beige houndstooth fabric that was used on the 1977-1980
triumph spitfires.
I've seen the seat covers that are made by Newton Commercial and the houndstooth fabric is a perfect match. Only thing is the beige vinyl is a very bad match. Please see picture:
http://home.comcast.net/~reinarson/seat.jpg
It seems that all of the suppliers like Rimmer Bros, Moss Motors, British Victoria all sell the Newton Commercial kits. I purchased a set from Moss and I was disappointed that the beige vinyl did not match at all as you can see in the picture. The cloth houndstooth seat panels are a perfect match though.
My spitfire only has 14,000 miles and the only part of the seat that needs replacement is the houndstooth seat panels. I thought I would try contacting Newton Commercial to see if they would sell me a couple of yards of their fabric and I would have a local trimmer sew in new panels for me.
The response from Newton is that they won't sell the just the fabric to a retail customer. All they offered to do is sell me another set of their poorly matched seat covers.
I was wondering if anyone in this group knows how I could locate some of this material?
Best Regards, Rusty
Rusty wrote:

Can't help I'm afraid, but have you tried Triumph related forums? For example.......... http://club.triumph.org.uk/forum / Google will throw up others. Good luck :)
--