test your memory

or find out what's wearing your old car's plates now..

database seems to have long since scrapped cars still on it

Reply to
nona

The date being 20 Mar 2010, "nona" decided to write:

Well it's not much help with mine. It seems to know the colour but the make comes up as "Unknown" or "Other British Makes" and the model as "Other (sports)" or "Other (coupe)" although they're both the same type of car. It can't give me any of the wheel and tyre data and it won't let me enter 10" wheel size. Bit of a dead loss really!

Reply to
Richard Porter

Richard Porter gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Even if it does - it gets the tyre size wrong for 'erselfs car.

Anyway -

gives more details.

Reply to
Adrian

In one word, "Useless".

It can't help with any of my cars.

Reply to
malcolm

Are you suggesting there is something suspicious about a database that still happens to have long-since scrapped cars in it?

Michael

Reply to
Michael Kilpatrick

I just though it was a bit of fun. It has all my old cars and a motorbike, including one with an abc123 reg. A couple have ended up transfered.

I can only imagine that unless a car is actually declared scrapped, and it was on the database when the v5 came out (mid 70's?), then it will be there forever. I expect quite a few of us have a long list against our names. Hope they don't start taxing us...

For those who kind of missed the point - I wasn't suggesting you use it to find tyres...

Reply to
nona

It has the car I scrapped in 2008 (but has no tyres for it) but it doesn't have the car I scrapped in 1972!

As you said - a bit of fun.

Jim

Reply to
Indy Jess John

Thought I would try some of the cars I owned between 1966 and 1970 (roughly) at least those whose numbers I recall:

2051 RA - it was a Ferrari 250 GTE. Now described as other Italian makes, coupe, red. I'm amazed - when I flogged it the engine was knackered and anyway most of the GTEs have morphed into 250 GTO lookalikes. Thought it would have gone to the great scrapyard in the sky long ago.

HYD 1 - now on a Mercedes 450 SLC. When I had it, it was on a 1947 Jaguar

3.5 litre. I sold the numberplate for £50; wonder what it's worth now?

SGF 1 - it was on the world's worst Jaguar MkX, bought for £100. Sold it with the car; I was just so glad to get rid of it.... Now apparently on a Bentley Continental, but no idea what year.

10 LPJ - on a 1960 Facel Vega HK500, now apparently sunk without trace.

As you say, a bit of fun!

GMac

Reply to
Geoff Mackenzie

It shows LBG 13 on a Peugeot 206 now, this old registration number was originally registered to a Ford Anglia which I sold for 400ukp about ten years ago, I sold the plate separately for 1200ukp.

Reply to
stephen.hull