Which brand is this car?

I've got this nice antique photograph of a car in Indonesia and I would like to know which brand and type this is and from about what year. Could anybody tell me?

Olivier Delft City, Netherlands

Reply to
Olivier

I've got this nice antique photograph of a car in Indonesia and I would like to know which brand and type this is and from about what year. Could anybody tell me?

Delft City, Netherlands

Reply to
Olivier

A bit of google work:

I reckon the emblem is an ESSEX see:

apparently they are a division of Hudson a bit of a gallery here:
nothing exactly the same, but there were many bodybuilders at that era as I understand.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

I think mrcheerful could be right. Looks very similar to a picture I have of a 2 seater 1921 Essex 2.9 litre roadster, which appears to have a smaller hood, with a longish boot. Pointy top radiator with badge looks the same. Your picture looks very similar, but with 2 extra seats in place of the boot, and a full length hood.

If it is an Essex I'd guess the radiator cap emblem is a bit of customisation, :-) The picture I have shows a radiator and cap like this one from mrcheerfuls's post.

cap 'emblem' looks like it might be a water temperature guage that couldbe seen from the driving seat. Fairly common on cars of that era.Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

The front mudguards look identical on both photos too. Would wire spoke wheels be an option in those days? Most of the cars on that site have wooden spokes.

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

In article , Olivier writes

I posted your picture on . The consensus is that it's definitely an Essex Touring Car, from between

1924 and 1928, with non-standard wheels and radiator mascot.
Reply to
Leroy Curtis

In article , Leroy Curtis writes

Further discussion has narrowed it down to between 1924 and 1926. 1926 is favourite, because the plated radiator shell became standard in that year, but it was previously available as an option for export markets, so its presence is not conclusive. The body style, however, positively dates the car to between those two years.

Reply to
Leroy Curtis