Latest threads in Classic Cars - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

bmw 2002
Hey every one.. I have just inherited a 74 bmw 2002 from my dad. The car is in good shape, ie next to no rust and interior is good.. Unfortunatly the car has been sitting in one spot for three years....
1
1

trailer hire?
ISTR somebody in this group has a trailer for hire near Derby, but I can't remember who it is! I could do with one for Saturday to collect a car that's a shade too big for my own trailer.
1
1

Uninsulated crimp tool
Hi, Can anyone recommend a crimp tool (and supplier) for uninsulated terminals. I.e. not the blue/red/yellow insulated things, but brass ones which get folded over and pushed down by the crimper. I've...
26
26

windscreen cover
My windscreen went last night, spectacularly. Bird I think - but the screen has completely shattered, not a single piece larger than my thumbnail, although its intact and in place. No worries, comp...
3
3

Alpine for Sale..
For sale in the Midlands.. 1966 Sunbeam Alpine Series V Sports (open top) Very Bright Red, Black interior, Wooden Dash with original White wheels Full MOT Tax Exempt Classic Insurance Loads of work...

Frog eyed Sprite
We are trying to source a Frog Eyed Sprite. Condition not important - tidy - but in need of paintwork etc - no problem. Email in the first instance to Thank you
1
1

Re: A useful gadget-but dangerous
One of the more obscure dangers of these sprayers is Legionella. If they are left full of water, the bacteria grows. The aerosol can then be inhaled and the result can be Legionella or any number of...
1
1

Arbtree Farm
The classics mags all seem to carry ads for Arbtree Farm but apart from a list of cars and a phone number nothing else is given. Has anybody any experience of Arbtree? Thanks John

Re: A useful gadget
I use these with degreaser e.g. Deb Jizer or Comma Hyperclean. They don't last forever. Either the pump gives out or the plastic degrades causing the bottle to split or break up. Richard
3
3

Wanted Mexico mk1 gearbox
Wanted Mexico mk1 gearbox, with hydraulic bellhousing also black headlining and carpet thanks

Re: MK2 Escort RS2000 Steering Rack
Martin waffled on in a quite bewildering manner to produce... doesn't make much difference as far as I remember, the RS2000 rack gaiters were interchangeable with standard Mk2 Escorts ones, or non PAS...
2
2

Citroen DS 23 Petrol Tank Removal
I've completely stripped down my DS 23 ready for welding but can't work out how to detach the petrol tank from the fuel line. So far as I can see there is a continuous polyethylene pipe running...

sealing cork float against gasoline - how to...
Got a pair of fuel-level senders and the cork floats have lost some of whatever it was that was painted on them. These will be in tanks with automotive gasoline. What should I use to seal them?
9
9

Do you like American Cars?
Hi all, If you're into American cars, you may want to check my site.... Here are some of the things I've featured: Cars of the early 1900s... (exclusive photos from my father's collection, never...

Any advice on Mopar engines?
I'm looking at a '77 Mustang which has had a Mopar 318 fitted, anything I should know about these engines? I forgot to ask the year of the engine but will find out tomorrow (not interested if it's mid...
3
3