Latest threads in Classic Cars - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Oil and lead additive help wanted
Hello, as owner of a Alfa Romeo Spider 2000 from 1973, I'm wondering wich is the best oil and lead additive to use. The manual tells me to use 10 W/50, but whats the difference between a 15 W/50 and a...
1
1

Re: Where can I get Cranked valve inner tubes for a Mk1 Mini ?
They`re not Dunlop `Denovo` wheels are they? If they are, they take a special run flat tyre with a double bead. Normal tyres won`t seal properly, is that why you need tubes? If this is the case, junk...
3
3

Fitting K&N + other bits to a Merc 300TE
I've got a 1988 300TE 12v estate and I'm looking to alter it a bit. Yes, I know it's not yet a classic but it's immaculate, low mileage and I intend to keep it. Does that qualify? This is after there...
11
11

Classic Remains.
Check out this company for spares. He's very helpfull.
2
2

Re: morris minor parts wanted cheap anything
I have a derelict morris 1000,1965. It is beyond recovery but still has most of its
2
2

austin atlantic
Wanted, Austin, A90, Atlantic. Any condition for re-furbish.

For auction: '72 Beetle (apologies if this is off topic)
ends 23-Jul-03 19:29:42 BST. Due to a change in my circumstances, I am reluctantly having to sell my bug. Here's the skinny: * 1200cc engine, unleaded, needs new starter motor * Registered in 1972, V5...

Tax Exempt
My 1964 Austin Mini hasn't been MoT'd or taxed since 1990, so the V5 states the tax class as "PLG". Is it possible to get this changed to "Historic" without the car being MoT'd or taxed? The car is in...
12
12

Racing a Alfa 105 1600GT
Are there any good book or web sites detailing tuning the Alfa twin cam engine? I'm considering racing in the BARC championship and I've been offered a standard mid 70's Alfa 105 1600 GT....
3
3

Re: Ignition Timing and LRP
The B series was a bit fussy about fuel it really preffered the much mourned 5 star, as for timing star at 10 deg BTDC and retard it a tiny bit at a time untl it stops pinking -- pinking is usually...
1
1

Re: Rallies/Shows - Information?
[snip] Try this link Alex, ""Steve.
2
2

triumph original parts supplier/valve seats/unleaded
I am trying to find out who supplied the original valve seats for the triumph dolomite sprint engine. Hopefully with the aim of ascertaining the hardess/and/or suitability for use with current...
15
15

SD1 plugs.
Is there a long life type available for an injection SDI? Mine is due for a plug change, and glancing through the Bosch listing in Halfords it seems not. But perhaps someone knows different?
4
4

newsgroups
I hope this is not off topic or breaking etiquite but i enjoy reading this newsgroup and i was wondering if people could point me towards other similar ones. if they exists. thanks
1
1

Re: advice on mk iv spit total respray
TEST