1988 Vette - Need Help

Help!! My 1988 Corvette (19,000miles) stalled about a mile from home on a gorgeous sunny afternoon (top down). I couldn't get it started and called for the "hook". Forty-five minutes later the wrecker shows up and I attempt to start it again. Fires right up, but dies after a second - then would not re-start again. The car sat over night in the garage and it has started fine ever since. The computer says all is well. The mechanic says wait 'til it happens again. Right! Any suggestions??? Thanks, Brian

Reply to
Brian F

Greg

Reply to
Flrider

I had a similar problem with my '90 Z51 which was solved when the injectors were replaced.

I'll admit that a fuel pump sounds like a likely prospect, however.

Mike Squires

Reply to
Michael Squires

My experience for an '87 L98, anytime you cannot start your car, always disconnect your MAF sensor and see if the engine will start without it. If so, you need a new MAF. Since starting is not your only problem, I agree that the fuel pump /pressure should be checked. Also, you might have a failing module in your distributor. In the past I've had the MAF problem and also the module problem. Bones

Reply to
Bones

try using quotes and one may be able to tell exactly what your responding to..

Reply to
'Key