Help key stuck in ignition 1988 1500 pickup

Hi, I need some help with my 1988 chevy 1500 pickup. I changed the oil in it today. Went to start it. Key moved to on position and now
it's stuck. I can't start the truck - I can't turn it off and it's still on the ramps.
I'm going to disconnect the battery before it dies. Any help would be appreciated on fixing my ignition switch.
Of all places for the ignition switch to mess up. Must just have bad luck today.
Thank you - Brian
Add pictures here
✖
Well I fixed my own problem. Did a quick google search and found out what was involved. I ran back and for to the auto parts store and picked up tools and the lock, ripped the steering column apart and changed out the lock. Not fun but it's done now.
Thanks

Add pictures here
✖
1988. Back in the days of single sided keys? I had one back when. The square key was all alone, the round key worked everything else.
Yeah, sometimes they jam like that. I can't remember if on, or start was the usual jammed position. New cylinder about $15, I think?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Add pictures here