1997 vette .. stuck in park ??

intermittent sticking in park ... cant move shift knob ! anybody know what causes this ??

tia ..bob

Reply to
bloggybob

My C5's a stick but I checked in the '02 owners manual. Cause isn't mentioned but, reading between the lines in the 'getting it out of Park' section, the manual seems to imply either a mechanical problem (release pin, blocker plate or whatever they use in the shifter). Or, a logic problem.

I think the '02 computer logic is different than the '97. Check your manual. If there's nothing in that book, give a shout and I'll post the whole bit from the '02 manual.

-- PJ '89 Hookercar, '02 e-blu 6-spd coupe

Reply to
PJ

Has the column lock done you in?? Try turning your steering wheel sharply to the left and then try to move your shift lever.

Reply to
Dad