2005 or 2007 C6

Hi,

I have a choice of either purchasing a used, but nice 2005 with 20,000 miles or an identical brand new 2007 for $12000 more. Any advice? Were there any significant changes or features added to the 2006 and 2007 years?

Thanks Chris

Reply to
machinamentum

Nothing that is earth shattering but the '05 6speed shut down sucks. May sound like a little thing but it has to be in reverse to shut it off or "battery damage may occur." Pain to get used to but hasn't been an issue so far, battery went dead once, no reason I could find. Charged it up and its still running fine after 24,000 miles & 2 1/2 years. Little problems like the gas cap failed, release switch for the hatch quit and a hood strut lost its power. Dealer replaced the front tires because they cupped, yes, I'm anal about it being aligned properly.

Thought about getting an '07, even put one on order and after 4 months of waiting I canceled it, not enough difference to spend the money. It does have a much more thought out fob if that trips your trigger.

Reply to
Dad

Thanks again for your comments. Interesting you should bring that up. I started up the 2005 at the salemens request. I turned it off shortly there after to look under the hood. In the mean time the car starts honking 3 times(I think) and the lights stay on. I ask the salesmen why its doing that, he doesn't know. He asks the manager who says "Is it in reverse?" I thought this meant it should not be in reverse, so I say no its in first gear with the parking brake set. The lights were on when I left. I can live with this, seems kinda stupid, but not a big deal. Is that what its supposed to do?

I did like the torch red coupe I saw much better than the convertibles, not sure why, maybe the color. Still not sure I shouldn't buy the 2001 silver convertible or the 2005 coupe or a 2007 coupe. Price pretty much goes up by 12K per choice. Wish I could buy the 2001 and one of the C6's, but frankly this car is going to do maybe 4000 miles or so in the summer. Buying two, plus maintenance and insurance makes no sense.

Chris

Reply to
machinamentum

Pretty much what it does plus it will tell you on the DIC to put it in reverse.

I'd never count out the C5, great machine.

Reply to
Dad

Yeah, I guess of all the problem's a guy could have this ones not bad. The C6 is a strange duck. I decided it looks pretty good from all directions except the front spoiler/grill. Reminds me too much of a camaro. Looks good from most any other angle. Likely I will settle on the used 2005 as a nice compromise. I still will be taking the 2001 out for a spin though.

Reply to
machinamentum