4-SALE: '72 Vette Convert. $6500

Selling a 1972 Corvette convertible for $6500.00 USD cash. Clear title. Car requires extensive restoration; preferably a frame-off to do it the right way. Vehicle has been sitting outside in Orlando, Florida for at least 5 years. Motor ans trans are both out of the car, and NOT original. Just about everything moable in the suspension, drivetrain, and steering may have to be cleaned repaied or replaced. Car originally came from New Jersey, non Air Conditioned, and non-power

4 wheel disk brakes. Power steering. Roll up windows. Paint faded, canvas top shrunk and torn, and back plastic window gone. Missing interior door trim panels (bought it that way). Car is a driver only, not show quality.

A person motivated who wants to drive a classic Vette convertible and has the resources, can install a new computer controlled 350 and automatic transmission, plus a A/C unit, go through the car, rebuild, repaint, and wind up with a decent daily driver to drive around with. Windshield is intact, but the plastic dash is shrunk and cracked, as well as the seat vinyl coverings. Since sitting, 3 of the 4 tires have dry rotted and disintegrated, and the car is sitting off the pavement on 4 spare rims.

Buyer needs $6500 cash (non negotiable), and bring a spare set of rims and tires to winch the car up onto a trailer or flatbed. Buyer recieves a clear Florida title, the car, the keys, and a Bill of Sale (2 copies, 1 for buyer, 1 for seller). No dealers, principals only, as whomever purchases the car will have to sign off on all the documentation; no proxies.

For further info and pictures contact Mike at:

snipped-for-privacy@cfl.rr.com or

407-672-0184

Prefer email. I can provide 8-10 pictures of the vehicle from various views. Location: Orlando, Florida Terms: Cash on transfer of car to new owner. Buyer is resposnible for transportation costs.

Also have a 1959 Lincoln Continental MarkIV Convertible for sale.

Reply to
pts-express

I;m not much of a Ford guy , butt tell me more about the Lincoln. I think I've heard enough about the vette.

kickstart

Reply to
Kickstart

Talked me right into believing it's overpriced (and made me feel better about only having 114 things to fix on my '77.)

Reply to
BDragon

If you compare it to others selling, it probably isn't overpriced too much if at all.

However, considering you need to drop about $10,000 or more to fix it to driver status, then it is since you can find one ready to go for that money and have fun tomorrow instead of in six months.

Reply to
Tom in Missouri

problem with throwing $10k at that car is when you get done you'll have a $10k car....... maybe. Sounds like it realistically needs $20-30k min thrown its way and make a nice $25-30k car.

And 6 months ??????

OR: Pull the body start with the frame ....bare ,,, everything from brake lines, fuel lines and suspension. Wheels, tires, steering and body mounts ....A good $10k Body stripped refurbed, misc hardware etc $10k or more Engine, trans, drivetrain, wiring, vacuum system $10k easy Interior , new seats, dash,radio, A/C, carpet .... what I forget ? Now you have a pretty nice car to be proud of ..... $40k plus the purchase price - (you do get the title and 2 keys) Why start with a frame off unless your going all the way. I way overspent -value wise - on my 79, but I love the car and have loads of fun in it. It's all part of having a hobby (therapy) that you enjoy more than the incidental costs. I have a fair idea what I spent on the 79, but not a ledger. I can estimate the big stuff I shelled out for but no idea of the $100 here and there stuff. But I didn't buy it to sell or as an investment -moneywise anyway. My son and I worked on it, went together to look at others, shopped parts and ideas. I had him working on the car and learning what does what. We evaluated what we farmed out and discussed how to get treated better next time. We have done motorcycles together, and his high school Astro van-with a kick ass small block. He's never been in trouble , only gotten 1 ticket ( I don't know how he got away with that ), never done drugs and works with me everyday. He'll be 22 in a few months. Sorry I got a little of topic, but cars are more than transportation and monetary investments to me. Did I mention how proud a Dad I am ?

I hope someone enjoys it and we see it on the road again And Merry Christmas and Happy holiday to all ....... as long as I'm straying from the subject anyway.

kickstart

Reply to
Kickstart

Hey, how hard was it to do the small block Astro. I currently have one totaled C5 with 27K miles on the engine transmission. The Frame is bent and the insurance company is seriously considering repairing it, to the tune of $20K. I was thinking of telling them to give me the $20k and the car and I will part it out. But the Idea of the LS1 and the Corvette seats in my Astro has popped in to my head more than once.

Fred

Reply to
Fred C Dobbs

=================== I do not think I could get it on the road in 6 months... a year or a year and a half would be realistic in my case...even though I am retired the lenght of my afternoon naps cut into my garage time...

But

Having done a few project cars in my past ...its fun...and its not about saving money...(that is not going to happen anyway)...its about doing "your" thing..."your" way... and getting it right... And that is fun... and the fun starts the day you push or pull it into the garage... driving I will admit is fun but its not the only fun you can have with a car...

Bob G.

Reply to
Bob G.

Reply to
RicSeyler

Reply to
RicSeyler

Actually more for the S10 but the basics are the same.

Reply to
Dad

they give a full size diagram for the engine mounts. Take it to a machine shop or do it your self., That's the book we used. piece of cake and loads of fun

kickstart

Reply to
Kickstart

Reply to