Strange noise

On my 98 when I change gears from drive to reverse or just put it in gear or vise versa I hear a noise coming from the area of my left rear rim (hub)
almost like plastic grinding sort of sounds like one of those Mexican noise makers but more plasticky sounding and so I checked the lugs and they are tight and every thing else feels tight..
So what do you guy's think???
TIA
--
ZRiX (<>..<>)

u-joint
C5s don't have U-joints.

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------070407060109010208060304 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
What do they have CV Joints?
L DaVinci wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

U joint or wheel bearing.. Had a rear wheel bearing do that on my '94 and while it was out replaced the 4 pack of u-joints also.
ZRiX wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

They are plastic block one's like here (but these are made from metal) http://cgi.ebay.com/HAPPY-NEW-YEAR-NOISE-MAKERS_W0QQitemZ6584812339QQcategoryZ911QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
here I can give you a great reference it sounds like when you break the seal on a bottle of water...
--
"Dad" < snipped-for-privacy@fisher.net> wrote in message
I'd check that the sway bar is tight and that the ebrake assembly is clear.