'81 radio replacement, mounting, and electrical question

Is there anyone who manufactures a radio replacement for an 81 that still looks like the original but also has a CD player component? Where do I look online for stuff like that?

OR if I just keep the original in, where's the best place to mount a new CD player and amp? Seems like behind the passenger seat may be the only place that has room but I lose 3" of leg room. Other ideas?

Electrical question: my power mirrors, power antenna quit at the same time, but it's not a fuse. I'm assuming something shorted somewhere, but is there a common problem area to check?

Reply to
rod444rod