Been Gone....

Reply to
RicSeyler

They have evac procedures in place, that was one of the forms I had to fill out this morning. Thanks for the heads up on that.

Reply to
RicSeyler

Reply to
RicSeyler

Reply to
RicSeyler

Reply to
cyndy

I'm really sorry to hear that, Ric.

Good luck on treatment and we'll pray she beats it. Spend as much time as you can with her, jot down any memories she has, video tape her when she is happy and upbeat, and take her for rides and whatever she feels like.

My grandfather passed away from cancer back in '88. He had fought it twice before. He kept the hospital trips to a minimum, only what was necessary for any treatment or tests. The rest of the time he tried to stay as active as possible and then finally at home in bed.

It was rough on the entire family, no soft soap here, but it was a lot better than being in the hospital constantly and the toll that brings. He was able to go in his own home and spend his time with family and friends, who are more willing to visit at home than a hospital.

A good friend in Kansas also had it. He had a cold he couldn't shake about the time I stopped in to visit. Once they found it, they gave him 3 weeks to

3 months. He made 3 weeks and a day, but he was upbeat and positive to the end. He was also at home until the last two days and decided to go to the hospital so the family would not have bad memories of the house.

So do what she is comfortable with. Respect her wishes.

Reply to
Tom in Missouri

Reply to
RicSeyler

Nothing can be said that will help right now, but it will get better with time.

Dad

Reply to
Dad

Really sorry to hear that, Ric. Time helps, and remembering all the good times. Don't think about the "should have's", just the things she and you did.

Reply to
Tom in Missouri

I'm so sorry, Ric. If you haven't already read it, try "Tuesdays with Morrie". While I'm out running, I talk to my Mom and Dad, even though they've been gone for years. I know they listen. If I pay close attention, I still get good advice.

My thoughts are with you.

AJM '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

Reply to
CardsFan

My sincerest condolences Ric.

Here's waving to ya - \||||

Owen ___

'67BB & '72BB

-- not affiliated with JLA forum in any way -- alt.autos.corvette is original posting -- ___

Barking Rats

we send our condolances to you and yours.

Reply to
'Key

it sure will Ric...

Reply to
'Key

To paraphrase: May flights of angels sing her to her rest.

She'll find good company with those mothers of ours who left before this.

My condolences.

Reply to
BDragon

You and your family will be in our prayers.

Reply to
Charlie

Sorry to hear that she passed away Ric.... Time will help, but honestly I just want to say remember her and remember those special times only a Monther can have with a son...

God Bless Bob G.

Reply to
Bob G.

Ric:

There's tears in my eyes as I type this, not tears of sorrow, these are tears of happiness for a soul that has finally found it's way home. Home with all of her friends and family that she loved. Don't be sad. Rejoice in her life and her love, for all of the love that she gave and shared with you and others. Remember, as long as you carry your love for her in your heart she is not gone, she's only a heartbeat away.

Our thoughts and prayers,

TomC '90ZR1 #792

Reply to
Crabs