Meguiars spray on wax ??

Andy, I may agree more than less on your method of washing a car but resorting to cheap shots calling someone "cheap" because they don't agree with you is immature. You can do better than that.

And to be honest, I do NOT know Dad but my first impression is that he is not doing this because he's cheap. I think he really believes in what he says. Even if I don't totally agree with Dad (or you for that matter), nothing wrong in doing what you believe in especially if it works for you, right?

Maybe just agree to disagree and remain newsgroup friends and move on to the next topic????

Reply to
No Vette Yet

I think from his postings that he doen't feel the need to buy a car wash product because he thinks Dawn is the same thing. Which of course it's not. So he'd rather save a few pennies.

It would be interesting to see the photographs of the car washed for years with Dawn that was as good as new.

Reply to
Andy

Oh no...... he's CHEEP.... ;-) hehehe

Reply to
RicSeyler

Careful, he will make you eat your words... Using Dawn won't make a finish look any worse than using "car wash soap". I guess there could be "some" validity to it taking off "some" wax. But so will drying a car.

Reply to
RicSeyler

Depends how you dry your car

Reply to
Andy

If you can receive photos on that address I'll send a few of the cars that are always washed with Dawn. Sort of useless because you really have no idea if the car is even mine. Although the picture of the 3 black cars I mentioned may be hard to explain away and it includes the black '72 which is not a Corvette color that year.

Never said it was the same thing just a usable product. Plus it's not about saving a few pennies when you're driving a Corvette, it's about driving fun.

How do you like your Corvette?

Reply to
Dad

That's "cheap" to you bird brain!

Dad

You don't have to "dry" your car if you sheet the water off and use a blower, then just dab up the seam trickles. You guy's are making far to much work out of this. By the way I have one stall in my garage to do just wash and paint jobs.

Other than with pure cotton diapers I never touch the finish on my cars after they're washed.

Yeah Ric, I try to wash them out first or at least shake out any large deposits.

Reply to
Dad

I agree, most times I sheet wash the car, the water slides off like big pools of mercury :-) that's after I hit it with a high pressure water nozzle to remove the dust and the occasional bird dropping.

I wax the car once a month with the spray on wash liquid that you need to work up to a lather with using a sponge and it leaves a good shine on the car after I sheet dry it... Sometimes to dry I use that super absorbent rubbery chamois cloth (forget its name) It (the cloth) gets hard as a board when it's dry...

what blower do you use ? leaf blower ? or blow dryer ? ??

regards Ash

eslurf

LOLOL Hummm... Using your Depends for Drying the Vette! Recycling, off your bum, then to the garage!!! :-)

Reply to
RicSeyler

:>On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 13:36:45 -0500, "Dad" wrote: :>

:>>

:>>>>Fact, you have no facts. You eat off plates with a residue on them? :>>>>

:>>>>Take a look at the MSDS sheets on dish soap and car wash soap. :>>>

:>>> I have given you facts. A simple Google search backs up my facts and :>>> debunks your idea. Eating off plates isn't the same as washing a car. :>>> Unless you paint your plates with an automotive finish and wax them. :>>

:>>How can I deal with logic like that? I'll have to see what google says about :>>that if I need to believe it or not. :>

:>You mean how can you deal with the truth? :>

:>>

:>>> MSDS sheets refer to the human safety aspect. :>>

:>>It also gives the base chemicals used in both. Your facts are web hearsay and :>>old wives tales, try looking at the chemical composition of both soaps then if :>>you don't agree with using MSDS sheets. Ever even give it any thought as to why :>>they used Dawn to clean animals after the oil spill? :>

:>If you don't understand the basics of how Dawn works then you'll never :>understand. Of course they use Dawn for cleaning animals.. IT REMOVES :>THE OIL AND WAX!. The same thing is does to you car.. IT REMOVES THE :>WAX.

Dawn is one of the soaps used to clean animals sprayed by skunks. I've used it for years and it's the only thing, combined with a white vinegar rinse that removes the scent completely.

:>Now if you goal is to remove the wax before doing a clay bar treatment :>and re waxing then thats another thing. :>

:>I suggest you look at the information from companies that make :>automotive paint, clear coat and waxes and let me know which ones say :>to use Dawn to clean your car with.

Dawn strips the wax. You're not wrong Andy.

Reply to
Sarah Czepiel

Reply to
RicSeyler

Ric Seyler That's "cheap" to you bird brain!

Dad

Lets hope no one else has to find that out the hard way.

Reply to
Andy

Reply to
eslurf

Nope, seems you don't read so well, since your selective quoting is contrary to what is the fact.

Reply to
Bob I

There you go again, trying to say that facts support your position when they clearly don't. Why don't you go back and read the links you posted. In the case of the clay bar application, it doesn't matter since clay bar also removes wax.

Reply to
Andy

As un-informed as you are about dish soap I would guess you wouldn't want to hear about how many vehicles I've washed with Tide laundry granules. Does a much better job than that old Dawn.

Reply to
Dad

I am very well informed about dish soap, in fact I even went to the bother of calling the company that makes Dawn to get thier opinion.

If you want to damage your car, go right ahead, geeze.

Reply to
Andy

Sure you did. Put the number you called and the person you talked to on here and I'll be able to call and have the same enlightened information you do.

Reply to
Dad