Need some help with my radio

Hi, I have a 69 vette with the original radio and speakers, it sucks!! big time. The last few years we have put a boom box in the back to get some decent music. Anyone done anything to their car. I need my AC/DC LOUD!!!...thanks...greg 69/05

Reply to
carguy427

Greg, I dropped a Custom Autosound unit in my '63 and love it. They specialize in a number of older cars and specifically Corvettes. Here's a link:

Cool Jet

=============== Nope sorry.... The factory Radios in my 72 & 72 are not even hooked up... THE ENGINE provides all the music I need...

The 64 still has it original radio hooked up and it works fine if I am within a mile of a strong radio station...so I listen to its engine,

The 79 is a crusier, and the original radio works just fine... and yes I do use the radio in that car because the engine just does not "sing" the songs I like to hear...

The 98 I just purchased radio works ....I just have not found the need to turn it on yet for over 2 minutes ......

HOWEVER go to a few local cruise in I'm sure you will find plenty of Rice Rockets with 2,500 amp radios installed those young guys like their BOOM BOOM sounds...ask them for radio advice...

Bob G.

Reply to
Bob G.

Damn, You have a 69 and are more worried about a ricer type boom box ? I think the 69 has one of the nicest deep sounding engines ever.. provided you have the 427. C'mon man.. listen to your car talking. I agree with Bob G.

I have just a functional original vette radio with casette player. All I did was buy new speakers for the top dash and kick plates.

Reply to
E_Tar

I feel your pain! My 91 Bose setup sucks too!

Reply to
Marty