Re: Well, the world is certainly looking grim, isn't it? 85164

REPLY: I 'cope' with societal problems by staying close to God in a personal relationship ; ALL of our cultures moral degradation can be traced to when America turned its back on God and Godly principles for living, in favor of becoming a secular nation of hedonism. Sadly , many many innocent parties get affected when a nation chooses to go the moral sewer route.

Reply to
Dave in Lake Villa

Hey Dave:

You forgot to > REPLY: I 'cope' with societal problems by staying close to God in a

Reply to
John Smith

Obviously the OP hasn't driven a 'vette! Buy one quick and start enjoying the rest of your life.

Reply to
Bob I

I drive my vette and all the world seems OK to me!!

By the way..... Millions of americans swarm to see the pope when he comes..... religious services of ALL types all over our country, IN god we trust everywhere... prayer services on TV..... Churches filled, Jewish Synogogue are filled Mosks are filled.,,,,, Even with all the Islamic issues going around us today...Id say America is looking up to god more than ever before.

World problems? Gimme a break.... was it better during WW1 or WW2, How about during the cold war? Living with the possiblity of total destruction within 30 minutes. How about all the break through's in science and medicine? How about for all the years we never heard of global warming and pollutuon but now we are reacting to both of them globally? MY friend get into an accident and see how many strangers will come to help you....

9/11 proved how good and godly America truly is.

I love AMERICA! Gregc

Reply to
gregc

'You forgot to indicate what the model year of your Vette might be. If you could do that perhaps someone could offer you some assistance with your problem.'

REPLY: I didnt know i was supposed to indicate the year of my Classic Corvette . Anyway, its a 1970 built big block ; and..i dont have any problem , nor does the Corvette . But thanks for your concern.

Dave

Reply to
Dave in Lake Villa

'By the way..... Millions of americans swarm to see the pope when he comes..... religious services of ALL types all over our country, IN god we trust everywhere... prayer services on TV..... Churches filled, Jewish Synogogue are filled Mosks are filled.,,,,, =A0 Even with all the Islamic issues going around us today...Id say America is looking up to god more than ever before.'

REPLY: But obviously not enough and not seriously enough ; 33 current STD's shared amongst 68,000,000 adult americans / butchering of 4,000 developing human beings per day Mon. thru Fri. so casual sex can be maintained as the nations pastime / Creationism being banned from public schools in favor of 206 bone human beings from Pond Scum instead / moral relativism / situational 'ethics' , et al, ad nauseum ... indicates that at best , people only give lip service to the Almighty .

'9/11 =A0 proved how good and godly America truly is.'

REPLY: The 9-11 fallout of Americans turning to God lasted roughly 2 months. After that, it was business as usual. This country started out living for God, but, its now a secular humanist nation whereby its freedoms have been twisted to include virtually every immoral way of living without shame. (and thats the truly sad part : 'without shame' A willful suppression of moral conscience . As one college student put it :" I dont care about not caring about the things i should care about " .

Reply to
Dave in Lake Villa

'Shove it, Dave '

REPLY: Shove what ?!

'I live by the lake, drop in sometime Hugs and Kisses, Brianna'

REPLY: I live by some corn fields, drop in sometime . To God be the glory, Dave.

Reply to
Dave in Lake Villa

/butchering of 4,000 developing human beings per day Mon. thru Fri. so casual sex can be maintained as the nations pastime /

Dave, (assuming that your sources are accurate) How are these two events related?

Homer

Reply to
Homer Brinlee

No! You have a personal relationship with your version of dog, because you are incapable of forming normal human relationships.

In exactly the same way you have a sexual relationship with your hands because you are incapable of having one with any normal human being.

ALL of our cultures moral degradation can be > traced to when America turned its back on God and Godly principles for > living, in favor of becoming a secular nation of hedonism.

And again what proof do you have of this?

More than the many many innocent parties that have suffered and died over the ages because of religious intolerance?

Reply to
Adrian Miles-Davros

I'm reluctant to get into this but someone needs to back up Dave after being ganged up on like he has, many use religion to do evil things but they are not true to God. Do you condemn all government because of a few corrupt politicians? The institution can be righteous but the people sinners. It's very hard to be good, you all certainly prove that. I admire Dave for standing up and being counted he has courage in his convictions. Think how Dave feels when you insult him like you have, do you have any compassion left for others? Or are you so narcissistic that other's feelings mean nothing to you? Can you not argue substance without insults?

I apologize to you all for what I've said please don't take it personally but I felt it necessary, just think what a new reader of this forum would think of Corvette owners after reading your posts in this thread...

Butcher '96 LT-4 CE

Reply to
Butcher

I don't understand what "non-casual" sex is, maybe sex that Dave pays for. {:-$

It's a rainy Saturday ...

I think I'll chase the kid's mom about the house and try for some of that "casual" sex.

-- pj

Reply to
PJ

Total Horse Pucky!

You must not be aware of dave's history of unwanted unneeded unnecessary unwelcome bible thumping/preaching in here.....a fundamentalistn zealot and he deservedly reaps what he has sown Even gone as far to chastise others for OT posting, but always excuse himself for the same c**p And I'm sorry for intruding in the group.........K

Reply to
Ken

Snip

OMG, you mean you don't know that casual sex is when you take your tie off????

Where have you been......... ;-))

Reply to
Dad

Snip

Can't agree more, and have never seen why dave has been such a back slider.

Again you're right on the mark.

Now if dave would just listen to us he could turn it around.

Certainly, if I didn't I would have made more of an effort to go over there and kick his ass, but that's not my nature. Turn the other cheek, something I learned from an old book, but becareful which cheek you turn.

Narcissism describes the character trait of self love. In psychology and psychiatry, excessive narcissism is recognized as a severe personality dysfunction or personality disorder, most characteristically Narcissistic personality disorder, also referred to as NPD.

Sigmund Freud believed that some narcissism is an essential part of all of us from birth and was the first to use the term in the reference to psychology. I feel you should have just enough love for yourself that you don't become closed minded.

Most of the time, and when dave shows up with some it will limit the insults.

Now why would being a Corvette owner have anything to do with his posts any more than being a Yugo owner? Narcissism at it's best.

Stick around, he gets better with age, like cheese. Check around on some of his aliases and see what other don't put up with. Care to venture a guess why he needs so many aliases? I've had 3 and have been on the net since billboards were the only way to communicate.

Daveinlakevilla, daveinIllinois, HVACfella, itisdave, advicegiver4U, fast1970vette, filthpolice, MsMaryPoppins, DNandB, decencyadvocate, godisnumerouno, swavedave, hellofriend, savedbygod, RvingisAlotofFun, and AreYouChangedByGod.

Enjoy your Corvette....

Reply to
Dad

Lol! Butcher, Dave and I go way back, three years at least....

I however haven't posted anything for the past twelve months, but just casually glancing at the forums I find Dave is still posting the same garbage, which I do totally agree is not relevant here in this group, and neither is it relevant in many of the groups which Dave disrupts through his OT postings.

So having the time I decided to just fire a shot across his bows and let him know I was still about.

But having said that I have in the past attempted to debate with substance and rationally with Dave and never has he ever given a direct answer to any challenge, preferring to resort to rhetoric or quotations from pseudo christian science comics, or indeed statements he has attributed to leading scientists which when investigated turn out to be completely false.

You cannot argue substance with someone who never has any substance in his arguments.

As for insults; Dave insulted me the very first time I ever posted anything in public newsgroups, and he has consistently insulted me ever since.

I simply carried on where we left off, but I have no intention of getting into a debate or even a slanging match with Dave in this group, other than to answer his post further on, as this is not the forum for it.

Reply to
Adrian Miles-Davros

REPLY: Shove what ?!

Your head up your A** (unless someone's already in there!)

I live by the lake, drop in sometime Hugs and Kisses, Brianna

Brianna-69

'Lol! Butcher, Dave and I go way back, three years at least....'

REPLY: CLoser to 5, id say .

'and neither is it relevant in many of the groups which Dave disrupts through his OT postings.'

REPLY: 1. I wasnt the Original Poster of this thread. 2. I responded to the Original Posters text which is ON his topic .

'So having the time I decided to just fire a shot across his bows and let him know I was still about.'

REPLY: Your shot blew up in the canon before it left the ship and your ship is sinking fast ; Ive tried to throw you a Life Preserver in the past, but you dont seem to think you have any problem. Including being a Sinner even.

'I have in the past attempted to debate with substance and rationally with Dave '

REPLY: Illustrated example :

  1. Tries to pretend that very personal innate qualities of a human being such as abstract thoughts, moral oughtness, ethical systems, compassion, empathy, et al ... came from NON personal material such as Hydrogen Gas , rocks, dirt, and planets.
  2. Tries to pretend that the vast array of scientifically confirmed specified complexity such as Human DNA can come about from the atmosphere when even its founder, atheist Dr. Francis Crick , boldly declared that it is IMPOSSIBLE for DNA to have arrived by accident from the atmosphere.

  1. Tries to pretend that the scientifically confirmed 133 (so far discovered) parameters of our Solar System which are all needed simultaneously / working in conjunction with one another , so earth can be here so we can live on it....came about thru 'natural , accidental ,non intelligent' sources purely by chance by NOTHING for no good reason.

  1. Tries to pretend that there are no absolute moral laws which he has to live by ... even though he expects and demands others treat himself with absolute morality (and all the time) .

'As for insults; Dave insulted me the very first time I ever posted anything in public newsgroups, and he has consistently insulted me ever since.'

REPLY: Hardly Adrian ; But i have shown you , succintly, how much pretend faith you have to have as a professed Atheist.

'I simply carried on where we left off, but I have no intention of getting into a debate or even a slanging match with Dave '

REPLY: You said you were finished a year ago ; Welcome back, but, dont complain if i suggest that you still need a Life Preserver with the name Jesus on it.

Reply to
Dave in Lake Villa

Maggot Punks Address:

Dave in Lake Villa

You make some good points I am new to this forum and newsgroups in general I don't know the history but what I've seen lately is Dave arguing facts and others just insulting him back, kinda makes me think these insults from Corvette owners are indicative of Vette owners in general and I didn't like it as a new owner myself. Kinda like the "you meet the nicest people on a Honda" slogan of the sixties vs. the Hell's Angels of the seventies, as a bike rider for 42 years I'd rather be associated with the former rather than the latter. I thought Corvette owners were supposed to smile and wave at each other, not insult them and give them the finger.

As to the narcissistic comment I meant it as excessive self-admiration and self-centeredness not in the clinical way of overestimation of attractiveness (well maybe when in a Vette,hehe) and the excessive need of admiration especially in a sexual way, of course we all have to love ourselves to be able to love others but the excess leads us to arrogance and the lack of care for other's feelings, even to the point of trying to hurt others. We have that wonderful automobile in common wanted to think of ourselves as a kind of 'family', albeit with a few black sheep in it. I'd like to say it would be nice to have a beer with the posters here but the vitriol I've seen makes me think twice about some. Perhaps this forum is not the place for societal arguments and no one likes to be preached to but Dave does make some valid points about the decay of our culture.

Butcher '96 LT-4 CE

Reply to
Butcher

I'll address just the Corvette side of this in a rather left handed way. Corvette and Corvette ownership has nothing to do with dave or what he posts or what is posted about him; his inadequate moral self esteem and guilt keeps him going with his desire to correct his wrong doing by his attempt at correcting his perceived bad people/society.

A quick google group search shows many news groups and usenet groups that have his many aliases that are soon turned upon as has happened in this group, in many cases much worse. His dubious followers are many and much more to the point about his negative, hypocritical, and backbiting life style. Religion is his crutch to keep his rotted moral fiber from becoming a rank pile of horse hockey by the side of life's road. Other than that he's ok as jerks go.

Reply to
Dad