Went to look at an 06/zo6 at a Dealers Showroom -- thieves !

Went over to Rockenbach Chevrolet in Grayslake, Illinois to see the black beauty in their showroom. They tacked on an additional $30,000 and called it : 'market adjustment' bringing the cost to $99,000 on the sticker. Thats the highest increase ive heard of for the car.

Standing on the side toward the rear, it appears that the rear of the

06/zo6 is not as rounded off as a typical C5 is ; it seems more squared off. Is this my imagination ?
Reply to
dave

I just got a 2006 C6 Coupe from Gary Lang in McHenry, IL - they sold it to me for $6500 under MSRP(2 weeks ago). So I got it for $43500 - this is the

3lt package, manual 6 speed. I am sending it down to Indiana for the Lingenfelter supercharger:

So that will add another $14,000 or so. I love the Z06, but I think we need to wait 2-3 more years before they will start selling at MSRP. One thing I wish the Z06 could do is take the top off...

Reply to
Dan J.S.

============ No its not as rounded...and its ass end is flared !... Both are positive changes in my opinion... Been a lot of talk about the number of Z06's sitting on dealers lots over on the forum and on the VetteNet one major reason is that "market adjustment" which I feel will dissapear very soon... and NO I have no intention of buying any C6 but am looking for the right "used" C5 ...I'm Cheap !

Bob G.

Reply to
Bob G.

Actually I like the C5 rear better and it is smaller, take your tape measure with you some time. I have a cloth one from Eckler's that makes the people having their precious car measured less jumpy. The God awful black valance on the bottom makes it look smaller. What a bitch to wash with the big crease and the backup lights buried way down there. I love the market adjustment, dealer said he'll order mine when that is gone, he knows I won't pay it on any car. By then maybe they'll have the automatic.

Reply to
Dad

'I just got a 2006 C6 Coupe from Gary Lang in McHenry, IL - they sold it to me for $6500 under MSRP(2 weeks ago). So I got it for $43500 - this is the 3lt package, manual 6 speed. I am sending it down to Indiana for the Lingenfelter supercharger:

So that will add another $14,000 or so. ' REPLY: I think you got a very very good deal on that. With the LPE mod, youll be over the 06/z06 in h.p. and even on tq. I sure like the hood and that large inlet opening. Does the Coupe have a removable top ?

Reply to
dave

Yeah it has a removable top, something the Z06 does not. However, i like the aluminum frame on the Z06. I just can't see paying $20 - $30 over MSRP. That's just too much.

Reply to
Dan J.S.

'I just got a 2006 C6 Coupe from Gary Lang in McHenry, IL - they sold it to me for $6500 under MSRP(2 weeks ago). So I got it for $43500 - this is the 3lt package, manual 6 speed.'

REPLY: Do you think this price is available to anyone, or, do you have an 'in' with someone at the Dealership ? Thanks, Dave.

Reply to
dave

I just negotiated hard.

Go to garylangauto.com and check what they have in stock. Look at the window sticker (also available online), then go to edmunds.com and find out the invoice. Once you see where the invoice is, offer $500 above invoice. Invoice on my c6 was 43000.00 - i didnt get the z51 package, that would boost it a couple grand. You have to beat them up and be ready to leave. Usually as you are leaving is when you get the best price.

Reply to
Dan J.S.

'I just negotiated hard. Go to garylangauto.com and check what they have in stock. Look at the window sticker (also available online), then go to edmunds.com and find out the invoice. Once you see where the invoice is, offer $500 above invoice. Invoice on my c6 was 43000.00 - i didnt get the z51 package, that would boost it a couple grand. You have to beat them up and be ready to leave. Usually as you are leaving is when you get the best price.'

REPLY: Thanks for the tips. What differences do you notice between your new 06 and a C5 on the interior , and, driving ?

Reply to
dave

C6 is a different world - everything seems different. I have a friend with an M5 and a Porsche, and driving the c6 feels like in a Porsche. handling is amazing (I could only imagine how much better it is with Z51 or the z06). Cornering is much better than a C5 - feels like the weight distribution is jusr right. Also, c6 has 400HP and 400 foot lbs of torque, so it's much faster than a stock C5. My C6 stock is rated with 0-60 in 4.1 to 4.3 seconds. The Z06 is 3.7-3.9 seconds. Just amazing!!

The new C6/Z06 was engineered to compete with the european exotics, and take them on in most cases (the Z06 can take almost any ferrari, porsche, etc thats out there).

Go test drive one - and get the stick version, especially if you plan on taking it to the track.

Reply to
Dan J.S.