will this fit in the back of a C6??

Page 2 of 2
Snip

So you got them in and you can't get them out???? ;-))
Dad wrote:

That must be it!
I've got a '93 Ruby Coupe also (both tops), and I can't fit one set of clubs in the back. If I broke them in half (and I have been tempted a few times) then they would fit.
My one complaint about the '93 is that it is so tight inside. My '85 was much roomier, and more comfortable. My '71 LT1 (how did I let that one slip away) was also bigger, and the fastest car I've ever driven. It was also without A/C. Tucson summers are a bit tough without it. I didn't play golf in those days, so I don't know if it would fit any clubs either.
My next Corvette will have to fit the clubs, and leave a little space for my feet.
Jim

Sorry about the blank one...I put the clubs in diagonally with the bottom of the bags back by the speakers and the club tops end up quite near the roof struts. It isn't my first choice for sure, but they do fit.
AJM '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp (both tops)
"Bob G." <rg327_remove_comcast.net> wrote in message

The simple answer is a big back window coupe, traveled 3 weeks, 12,000 miles, with 3 of her hard side suitcases and my duffel bag with no problem.
Bob G. wrote:

A couple of softside/expandable style rollaway suitcases, an overnite bag, a "makeup/toiletry" case, a couple jackets, a couple 12packs, and a small cooler. If we buy any thing thats not compressible, it gets shipped home UPS. Wife packs well, but not unknown to do laundry if the need arises.
:>By the way, that much weight back there is noticeable and even packing :>the rest of the heavier stuff up front you could still feel the affect :>at speed.
How much weight are you talking about Dad? We had two dogs [ combined weight 80 lbs ] two parachute bags weighing easily 50 lbs apiece, a hunting rifle in soft case @ 8 lbs, and a military ammo can weighing approx. 30 lbs.. Add an extra pair of sneakers tucked into the left rear cubby, assorted bags of loose stuff for the dogs [ leashes, water bowl for the trip ] gifts for the family etc, and a 17" laptop in a carry bag behind the passenger seat, and that puts us at close to 268 additional lbs. I gotta tell ya Dad, if you're talking about those kinds of added weight then our experience is the complete opposite of what you've felt. We went hammer and tongs for 8 hours averaging 75mph and had no noticeable feeling at speed due to the extra weight. What we did feel were the crappy road conditions on the interstates in New Jersey and parts of New York. Tsk, tsk NJ and NY...all those tolls and you can't fix your interstate highways ?