1993 DODGE GRAND CARAVAN 3.3V6

I have a 1993 dodge grand caravan 3.3-v6 once it gets hot it turns off,and won't start until it cools down. I have replaced the fuel pump, computer, coilpack. IT still won't stay running.

Reply to
062167david

TO MR GLEAN BEASLEY I HAVE REPLASED THE SPARK PLUGS AND WIRES CHECKED TO SEE IF ALL CYLINDERS ARE FIREING AS WELL, ALSO REPLACED FUEL RAIL DO TO LEAK BUT WHEN I CHECKED WITH MY SNAP ON SCANNER IT HAS NO FAULT CODES TO READ SO IM STUMPED.BUT I DON'T HAVE A FUEL PRESSURE GAGE TO CHECK THE PRESSURE.

Reply to
062167david

repost Ok, assuming you have spark, have you tried to spray some gum cutter or throttle body cleaner into the throttle body to see if it tries to start that way? You say you have a scan tool, you haven't told me what the cam and crank sensor was doing as you were cranking the vehicle? Does it show cam and crank????

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

I have a 1993 dodge caravan 3.3 v6. I have replaced the coil pack plugs wire's fuel pump cam sensor crank sensor and computer. but it still won't start or get any fire. any suggestion's help..

Reply to
062167david

Yep, Get a proper mechanical diagnosis! how much have you spent unnecessarily already on this van? Did you even test the starter?

Reply to
hartless

To all who are experiening the problem of their Dodge Caravans driving for a while and then stopping all of a sudden. Examole: you are on the freeway and then you need to accelerate and you going along at a good clip and all of a sudden it just stops running so you pull over to the shoulder and let it cool down then it starts. What I discovered after replacing several parts includung the computer, and the crank shaft posoition sensor is that it is a design flaw in the connector for the crankshaft position sensor located on the to of the transmission. When it get hot it pushes itself apart just enough not to be detected. That's why the Dodge dealers can't find the problem when you take it in. The fix is as simple as pushing it (the connector) together and putting a black zip tie on it to keep it securely together. Hope this solves your problem. Chrysler should redesign the connectors on their vehicles. It would them and us a lot of money and frustration.

Reply to
boomer1955

A design flaw on a 1993 vehicle? That's 13 years old!! How can that be a design flaw?

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

No offense, but if electrical clips are actually _pushing_ themselves apart (presumably due to pressure build-up caused by the high heat?,) no mater the age of the vehicle, it's a design flaw... If they were _falling_ apart due to looseness (most likely due to age,) then sure, that would be "understandable"...

Reply to
FeMaster

No offense taken!! But then you can say tires would be a design flaw..... if a tire is left on a car for 13 years don't you think the ozone would destroy the tire? Wiper blades and anything plastic is not going to last forever!!