2004 Dodge Grand Caravan fuse layout

My driver door lock has quit working. Passanger door is fine. I am assuming it is a fuse? I have removed the IPM Fuse & Relay Center cover (looked on the inside diagram) looked in the Owners manual CD Rom and find that the suspect fuse is #19, a 40A but I can not which fuse that is on the IPM cover. I could keep looking or ask one of you bright lights for some help. My appreciation in advance for any pointers.

Reply to
DougGordon

There in not a seprerate fuse for each lock, if on works and the other doesnt chances are the solenoid is bad.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Does it lock when all the locks are triggered automatically (at about 19 mph)? Does it lock/unlock with the remote control key buttons? If it's the same problem no matter how it's triggered, then it's the solenoid. Otherwise, might be the switch.

Reply to
Ron Seiden

lock has quit working. Passanger door is fine. I am

The drivers side door switch will not LOCK the doors, but will unlock all doors. At 19 mph, as you say all doors are locked and if I use the remote button on the key it will lock all doors. Do you know WHICH solenoid controls it in the IPM Center and is each solenoid unique? My thought was to pull another solenoid not suspect and swap it for the suspect one and if it worked, I would purchase a new solenoid. But I need to know which solenoid or fuse to look at. Just a thought.

Reply to
DougGordon

door lock has quit working. Passanger door is fine. I am

If the solenoid works at all but not the way it is designed you may have an input problem to the BCM telling it not to lock the door. Is it possible that the BCM thinks the engine is not running and will not allow the lock to lock? Your gonna need a scan tool to verify what faults codes are present and to be able to see the inputs and outputs of the BCM

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

I used to be able to step out of the drivers door, hit the down switch and all the doors would lock. Now I can unlock all the doors from the driver door switch, but can not lock them all. Whether the engine is running or not. Now I just use the remote lock and all is well. I also had a door key cut to open (but not start the engine) as I stepped out of the van once with the engine running, shut the door and when I returned, all the doors were locked with the engine running. I carry it in my wallet now. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Reply to
DougGordon