Geo Metro Fuse locations/discription??

I have two Geo Metros that are missing their interior fuse block covers, which is the only way to tell which fuse is for What.

Until now, I could just wait for a fuse to blow and look for the obvious, however, ever since I got this '90 Geo, the Check Engine light has been flashing a code. I finally looked the code up in the Haynes manual and found that the code related to the MAP sensor. I replaced that and still the code is flashing. I have disconnected the battery cable, several times and the flashing code returns.

All I want to do now is turn off the diagnostic function.

The manual says that for this model car the diagnostic function is activated by installing a spare fuse in the Diagnostic slot in the fuse block. I suspect that the previous owner installed that fuse thinking it was required for the proper function of the car/engine.

I know that removing the diagnostic activation fuse removal will not solve the problem but I just want the light to stop flashing.

Does anyone know which fuse slot it for the diagnostic function activation?? It should be on the fuse cover on in the glove box owners manual. Neither of which do I have.

Thanks,

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Alan

You may be correct, I remember seeing one fuse slot like you describe. And there was a 20 amp fuse in it.

I'll check that out tomorrow.

Thanks Steve

Reply to
Steve

That fuse, that was standing Proud, was the correct one to activate the diagnostic sequence.

I haven't reinstalled it since my driving today, so I don't know if the same MAP fault code has recurred.. (ignorence is bliss).

Thanks

Steve

Reply to
Steve