2005 Grand Caravan sliding door problem

The driver side power sliding door on my 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan (17,000 miles) has become very hard to open and close manually (it takes my 7-year old all of his strength to move it). The passenger side door, on the other hand, will work with fingertip pressure. No doubt it's related to the motor/gear/cable drive as it seems to be lubricated just fine. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what the results were...before I call my dealer.

Thanks.

Reply to
alofam

The clutch on the motor is bad, the complete motor will have to be replaced.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Thanks for the fast response. Any idea if this should be covered by warranty?

Reply to
alofam

Yes it is.

Reply to
maxpower

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:1157850497.634708.81090 @e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com:

The clutch is bad and not disengaging; it is covered under warranty. My 2002 has the same behavior.... and would you believe the Service Advisor claimed it worked less freely on the driver's side intentionally. Grrr...

Have the SA demonstrate on a similar model if you get the run-around.

Unfortnuately the car had over 36k at the time and I have the exteneded warranty so I am waiting until the extended service contract is nearly expired before having the clutch/motor replaced and paying the co-pay.

Reply to
Steph