Door Alignment Problem, 2002 Grand Caravan

The paint is chipping at the lower corner of my passenger-side door and the adjacent (power) sliding door. There is no clearance between them. I can't even slide a sheet of paper between them near the bottom.

How do I correct this? It looks like I need to reposition the sliding door slightly rearward. I have seen similar problems on other models (interference), particularly when the sliding door is slammed shut!

Reply to
HKEK

There should be a grommet at the top of each door, if they fall off you will get this problem. Check to see that it isn't missing.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Right. There are two holes on either door where it appears grommets should be found. There is a faint pattern in the mating pillar indicating that they were once there. I'll have to get over to the parts department...

Hope these will hold the right side sliding door back a bit. The left side has a pretty good gap so they really don't need to hold that one back at all.

Thanks much, saves me a trip to a body shop and some $!

Reply to
HKEK

Reply to
philthy

Got the bumper stops. Didn't help. The sliding door still rests against the passenger door when closed. Need to visit a body shop I guess.

Reply to
HKEK

Reply to
philthy

On the sliding door, right? Not the passenger door. I've got t move one or the other. I also notice that the top front corner of the slider is rubbing the paint off the B-piller so it seems the door should go back a bit.

You would'nt happen to have an image from a shop manual that you could send me, would you?

Reply to
HKEK

Is it the shaft that protrudes out of the door at an angle? It has a torqx head and engages into a socket in the B-pillar. Can you simply turn that shaft in or out to fine adjust the closed position of the door?

Reply to
HKEK

There is TSB out on how to adjust the sliding door on your vehicle, it is in detail and may help. See if your dealer will give you a copy of it. TSB

23-020-07

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower