96 Neon cooling fans stay on.

got a 1996 neon and about once a week, the cooling fans stay on after turning off the car and it drains the battery while my daughter in law goes to work. Whats do you folks think will fix this problem? thanks

Reply to
Jon

Lots of cars will keep running the fan when the car is turned off. Perhaps the battery is on its last leg.

Reply to
Rick Brandt

Jon wrote: "got a 1996 neon and about once a week, the cooling fans stay on after turning off the car and it drains the battery while my daughter in law goes to work. Whats do you folks think will fix this problem?"

Rick Brandt wrote in response: "Lots of cars will keep running the fan when the car is turned off. Perhaps the battery is on its last leg."

Does the fan eventually shut off or does the battery go completely dead first. I would believe as Rick put it the battery may be on its last leg. If not it could be a fan relay getting stuck in the on position.

Sarge

Reply to
Sarge

The fan is NOT supposed to stay running with the key on. the fan RFI module is faulty 04897717AA module

04897674AA connector

I believe these are the parts you will need, on is an updated connector

Reply to
maxpower

It keeps running till the battery is slap dog dead. Take the battery out, charge it over night and put it back, the fans started running immediately again. I then pulled the fuse for the fans out and waited 5 mins and re-installed fuse. They did not come on. Seems like it is the relay switch thingy, but not sure. Thanks all for your help. Jon

maxpower wrote:

Reply to
Jon

As I said......