98 Caraven electrical outlet just went out

Hi, 12 v convenience (cigarette lighter) outlet suddenly not working.
I have a 1998 Caravan, and I was using a small air compressor for tire
pressure when it just quit. I've used it many times before with no
problem, and the outlet only works with the engine running. I tried a
couple of other things in the electric outlet and nothing works. The
rear outlet is also out. I checked all the fuses, and they all look
good. The manual doesn't mention which fuse controls the outlet. I'll
probably have to have it looked at by a pro, but what should I be
expecting to hear that's wrong, so the repair guy doesn'y give me the
run around. I know there's a relay box with more fuses under the hood,
but I don't want to fool with those on my own. When I first bought the
van, used, 2 years ago, the outlets seemed to be not working, then
the next day, the started working on their own, and stayed working
until today. Thanks for any advice.
Reply to
dke3591
Correction: I now remember it may have not fixed itself on it's own 2 years ago, I remember taking the van back into the shop as they "owed" me a power mirror that was bad, and when I got it back, the outlets worked.
Reply to
dke3591
Replace the fuse under the hood in the Power Distribution Center and be on your way!!!. You will see it marked Battery/ign. make sure you install it back into the correct slot.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
Reply to
maxpower
Thanks much maxpower, I found it where you said it was. I had the cover off the Power Center earlier, but I failed to turn the cover over where I would have seen all the placements for the fuses. I found a spare 20A and I'm back in business, thanks again.
Reply to
dke3591

Site Timeline Threads