Alternator light on 2001 Grand Caravan...

My wife says the "battery light" went on while she was driving, so she drove the 5 miles to get home with it on. I started it up a few hours later and all was normal.

What kind of problem do I have? It was raining very hard; maybe the belt got wet and was slipping?

Reply to
Toller

it could have been a number of things, was the check engine lite on? If it were the belt slipping you may want to have the tensioned checked out, and the charging system.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler tech

Reply to
maxpower

She didn't mention the check engine light being on, but who knows if she would have noticed.

Reply to
Toller

Might be something as simple (and transient) as splashing water up onto the alternator. (I used to have a 65 Galaxy that would stall if I hit a deep puddle, and then start right up again as soon as the water dripped off.) Too many manufacturers fail to consider this when they're deciding where to put the alternator -- for anyone living where it rains it ought to be placed higher up...

Reply to
Ron Seiden