Brakes squeal!!!!

Glad you got it fixed!

BTW - the things that are being called "anti-rattle" clips (I think that's a misnomer) are one of two types. One type is just a wear surface between the pads and the rub points on the steering knuckle. There is also a differenet type that is actually a pad spreader - keeps a little spring force outward on the pads that helps retract them away from the rotor. You can use either type, but only one type at a time. The second type, though shown in the FSM, were not available from DC until a few months ago - if you ordered them, what you got were the wear bars. I'm glad they made the retractors avaialable - they are bound to help in rotor wear and heat (warp).

So which type did you put on? To see photos, look at my third post (the one with the photos) in this thread on the 300M Club forums:

first two photos are of the pad retractors; the second two photos are of the wear bars. Bill Putney (To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my adddress with the letter 'x')

Reply to
Bill Putney

The first two photos are of the pad retractors; the second two photos are > of the wear bars.

Reply to
Dan

Very good. There never were any for the rears.

Bill Putney

To my knowledge (and its fairly good...) Chrysler hasn't used a brake system "of their own manufacture" since AT LEAST 1965, and I'm guessing more like 1955. It as far as disk brakes go, been 99% K-H since 65, with a few odd Bendix applications (4-piston front calipers on '67-69 B-bodies and some A-bodies) and Budd (~66 C-bodies and a few others) over that time.

AMC used Delco Moraine, Bendix, and

Bullfeathers. GMs squealed just as much as Chryslers ever did, if not more. Seems like every GM A-body that drove by me in the 80s (Regals, Cutlasses, MonteCarlos" were squeaking away.

Reply to
Steve