how many quarters of motor oil

i have a 2004 stratus se with a 2.4L engine. how many quarters of motor oil should i put in at next oil change? thanks.

Reply to
ouyang.jie

Five.

Reply to
Roland Deschain

Reply to
Abby.Normal

If you've got two bucks, I've got change.

Reply to
Raymond Sirois

Who in their right mind would change their oil, and NOT change the filter too?

Reply to
Roland Deschain

Reply to
Abby.Normal

There are a few out there! I tossed the old filter on some guy's 68 Impala (looked like it was a week old) without even thinking to ask him if he wanted the filter changed. He sees me screwing on the new one, and comes running into the bay, yelling, "I didn't want the filter changed!" I went, "huh?" He's all excited, so I finally just said, "I won't charge you for it!" He then proceeds to pull the manual out, and it says to change the filter every other oil change, and by golly, that's what he wants, regardless of how stupid it is! We tried to explain why it was a bad idea, but he insisted.

I ended up fishing the old filter out of the catch bucket and putting it back on.

That guy is now a judge. Scary.

BDK

Reply to
BDK