no curb idle

I have a 2000 Dodge Caravan with 3.0 litre engine.Lately it idles very slow when first started in the morning and stalls when coming to a stop.After it warms up it is better.Seems like it is idling at base idle.Any ideas what to look for????

Reply to
jed

Sounds like some temperature sensor has gone to Heaven, doesn't it? No dashboard indicators lit up when this is going on?

Reply to
daytripper

Try cleaning out the throttle body, inside and also the back side of the throttle bladee..

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
damnnickname

Yes this problem started over a month ago and I cleaned the throttle body and plate with throttle body cleaner and this corrected the problem but now it has started again and cleaning the throttle body does not help.I guess I will have to see if there are any codes and go from there...

Reply to
jed

Update::::: I removed the throttle body and cleaned the idle air control and it all works fine now.There seemed to be some carbon or black soot on the spindle of the IAC.