Purchasing Chrysler Factory Extended Warranty Online?

My wife and I are about to buy a new Grand Caravan and I'm wondering if there are dealers selling the factory extended warranty on-line or by phone. I want to know what these go for when the dealer tries to sell this to me when we arrange for payment of the car. I would only be interested in the original factory extended warranty but know that when I bought my last Toyota, I could buy it from another dealer any time before the factory's original warranty expired (3 yrs/ 36000 miles). The prices I was quoted by other dealers was about half what the original dealer was trying to push me to pay.

Are any of you aware of Chrysler or Dodge dealers who make this warranty available online or by phone to people who didn't buy from them? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I know that I can find this type of information on Google but I'm looking for people who have already done this and know the pitfalls.

Thanks!

- Dave

Reply to
David In NH

OOPS! Stoopid me.... I already had asked this question a few months ago when my wife started looking at the car. Due to work issues, she never did get around to buying one then. Anyway, thanks.

Reply to
David In NH

Well, what's the answer? I would like to know before the original warranty on my '06 Grand Caravan expires.

(Would have posted at the bottom but 'top posting' makes sense this time.)

Reply to
Newby

No single answer. The basics are that there are Dodge and Chrysler dealers who sell the factor warranty over the internet. Best bet is to either google this newsgroup for this topic (and you'll get the earlier responses to my posts), look for my name "Davidinnh" or google for "dodge factory warranty". Anyway you get there, you'll find real prices you can either choose to buy or you can use to negotiate with your local dealer.

Reply to
David In NH

Wrong. Top-posting is *always* wrong.

Reply to