Spark Plugs

94 Dodge Shadow

I have always used Champion plugs for over 30 years, Advance Auto does not sell champions they sell AC Delco and the others. Are AC Delco good plugs, I have no experiance with them.

Thanks

Reply to
LooseWheel

Where have you been buying the Champions for the last 30 years? Is there some reason you don't just keep buying them?

Reply to
Dan C

In My opinion, AC Delco are better than Champs, However for this vehicle I would recommend BOSH (regular) Platinum spark plugs. They will run just fine.

Reply to
Wrench007 via CarKB.com

Thanks they seem to run fine just never used anything else than Champions.

Loosewheel

Reply to
LooseWheel

Where do you buy your plugs? DUH! If you must know the place I go for my parts does not carry champions. It is kinda of stupid to run around looking for $8.00 worth of plugs if something is equal or better.

Loosewheel

Reply to
LooseWheel

I guess you missed the point. I'll try again. If you've been using Champs for 30 years, why are you wanting to switch now? Why don't you just get the Champs at the same place you got them last time, and the time before that, and...?

Reply to
Dan C

Inquiring minds want to know, and if you must it is because every time lately the other parts place (AutoZone) doesn't have basic parts on the shelf and the kid behind the counter is a total idiot and gives me the wrong parts.

I now deal with Advance Auto Parts, Leeann knows her stuff. Advance Auto apparently does not carry Champions I like a one stop shop. A simple question about a spark plug sure can get complicated.

Loosewheel

Reply to
LooseWheel

so go to NAPA

Reply to
robs440

Not an option the closest is 40 miles, Advance is only 6 miles.

Loosewheel

Reply to
LooseWheel

NGK makes an excellent plug, they work quite well in Chrysler products. NGK makes spark plugs under contract for AC Delco.

The "AC" in AC Delco stands for Albert Champion, brother of the founder of Champion Spark Plug.

Autolite plugs are favored by many in Chrysler products.

Advance Auto should have enough choices to make this a non-issue.

Do not buy Bosch platinum's and you'll be fine.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

agreed bosch platinum is not the best choice

autolite works well

champions corrode and break easy it seems

Reply to
robs440

Reply to
dodge-him

Got a Wal*Mart close by?

Larry Behold Beware Believe

Reply to
Larry Crites

yeah yeah champion boy.....we know we know............LOL

"dodge-him" It's all I'll use in my 440 or my 5.2 truck! and I've tried them all!!!!!

Reply to
robs440