Bought a 02 Dually with the 5.9HO lost Fuel Pump and Injector Pump in

600 Miles. Replaced both no codes drove 700 miles@ about 72mph, then took an exit. Stopped at first light after leaving the "SuperSlab" and Truck fell on it's face pulling away from light..check engine light came on, put it in Neutral coasted 50 feet back into 2nd and had full power (confused) Drove about a mile it did the same thing. Parked the Truck at the house next morning went out did the key deal obtained a DTC of If I remember correctly 1693 but no other codes. Started Truck check engine light went out and has ran fine since. I know the 1693 is a generic code. The only other point that I might add is the 700 miles of driving was in temps of 12F or Lower and engine temp dropped from the normal 190 to 140 at the first light. Is this just a freak because of the temp and then stopping or should I investigate further?

Any comments appreciated.

VietNam Vets Never Die they Died Long Ago!

Reply to
pussycat_62nd_tc

Ya your sig sucks!!

Reply to
Roy

some fly by wire diesels' will only give you a percentage of power until they warm up. I'm not saying this is what happened to you, but it has happened to me in a 2002 International 4900 DT 530E

Reply to
mpberti

Like I said the truck had just been driven a bit over 700 miles when it pulled it's little trick. But I understand what your saying about power and a cold Diesel. Thanks for the reply.

Reply to
VietVet

You have three computers on the truck. The ECM - Engine Control Module, FPCM - Fuel Injection Pump Control Module, and PCM - Powertrain Control Module. The ECM and FPCM work together to control the fuel system. P1693 means you have a trouble code stored in another computer. Find an Autozone and have the codes read, they do it for free. Your problem might be a bad engine coolant temp sensor. The engine coolant temp sensor is used to determine fuel injection rates and timing. If the sensor is erratic you will have driveablility problems. Unless I'm towing heavy I can't get the coolant temp in my '99 CTD much above the 140° mark without blocking the radiator when it's below 30°F outside. It will cool fairly quick at idle but the temp gauge shouldn't just drop instantly.

Reply to
Nosey