07 6.7 and 07&1/2 Motor different size oil filters

Hello, Just some information I came across I would like to verify. I have a

07 3500 Ram 6.7 Cummins that I bought at the end of June. I went to Cummins to get a oil filter for it and they gave me the wrong filter. I went back and they told me that the filter was for the 07&1/2 motor. That they had a different EPA set up on the 7&1/2 motors and that they used a different filter. The second filter they gave me had a smaller inlet then the one for the 07&1/2 motor. And that one was the right one. I was just wondering if anyone has heard of this and had anymore information on it? Thanks for your replies.

Dan

Reply to
guitardangroups