2000 Dakota Underhood Light Fix

Just purchased 2000 Dakota. I looked in the Owner's Manual to check how to change bulb (561) in the underhood light with no hints found. I found removing the wire easy, but does the box come apart to replace a bulb or does the whole assembly need to be replaced? And is the box Clipped to the hood or glued? I started to the light box and don't want to break anything just yet. I know, real EASY but Frustrating.

Reply to
GFDisp1

A box about 2" x 3" completely covered by a semi-transparent lens? I bought a used 2001 Ram with a broken underhood bulb, and I broke mine open. Then I was able to see how I should have opened it. There were releasable tabs at one side of the cover, and breakoffable tabs at the other side, and that's all I remember about that.

Once the cover was off, I was glad that I didn't rip the whole box off of the sheetmetal, because there's a big lag screw fastening it.

Check back tomorrow. I'll open mine again and post a picture.

Reply to
Beryl

That would be great... Thank you

Reply to
GFDisp1

Should just be able to pull it straight out. May need a small flat tipped screw driver to get it up a little.

Reply to
GeekBoy

Almost like I remembered! But different.

with lens removed.No more bulb. The single mounting screw is in center, behind LEDs. Bullet-looking thing is a tilt switch.
has the same barbed prongs at all four corners. Try releasing them with a thin blade as you work the lens off.

Reply to
Beryl

Thanks again Beryl. Ric H

Reply to