2001 Dakota stalls out

I've got a 2001 Dakota extended cab with about 70K. In the past few weeks, I've noticed some "rough engine running" when I go from a stop to resuming moving, at a light or stop sign. Just recently, it will occasionally just die, but I put it back in park, the engine restarts and I move on with no problem, until the next time I stop.

Things seem OK when I first start up in the mornings. Just wonder if someone could guide me to a cause and/or solution. There are no warning lights on the dash when this happens.

TIA.

joe

Reply to
Joe Maxwell

shooting from the hip, id say check and make sure the idle control valve isn't sticking. clean the throttle body up. if it has a EGR (I don't remember for sure on a 01 sorry) make sure it isn't sticking open.

Reply to
Chris Thompson

Chris-

Thanks much for the start. Much appreciated.

joe

Reply to
Joe Maxwell