'92 D-150 starting problem

Hi,

My beloved old truck has been sitting for about three weeks, as I don't usually drive it in the winter. Last time I started it, it fired instantly and ran smooth. When I went out to start it today, as soon as I turned the key on, I heard a rapid clicking ...like a relay or solenoid going on and off really fast. I also noticed that the check engine light flashes on and off in perfect rythm with the clicking -- maybe about 4 or 5 times per second. I went ahead and tried to start it and the starter engages and cranks the engine over just fine but the engine does not attempt to fire at all.

I haven't looked more closely at it yet as the weather is snowy and windy right now, but I was hoping maybe someone would be able to point me in the right direction. Thanks for any insights

1992 D-150, 5.2L fuel injected, automatic, with about 220k miles
Reply to
someguy

Rick Ellsworth