Dodge GPS Question

BILL SMUG wrote:

Nobody has answered your question at all. It is very possible and has been done. There is a company that makes an auxiliary video input for the Chrysler REC Navigation unit. It's installation does require opening the unit and connecting a few wires. They will do it for you for a fee. Some have installed a backup camera that displays on the REC unit. I'll have to do some digging where I saw a complete review with installation pics on one of the other forums I read and post where to get this add-on kit.

What are you talking about miles, I did answer the question to the best of my knowledge. However, following your statement, you didn't either, as you have not provided the OP any information about how to get the video signal from the rear screen/dvd player. Anyway, not to nit pick, there is no simple, this is how you do it answer to this. I have provided the best technical answer that I have avail from years of experience in that field. Each set up is different, there is no certainty that you will even have the same units in two similar vehicles as the vendor for the dvd/screen units may not be the same.
OP, I am sorry if you think that anyone here has not tried to help, but simply put (again) what you are trying to do is not simple or straight forward and there is no "unplug wire A, plug in adaptor B, etc..." answer to this.
azwiley1 wrote:

There is such a fairly simple solution albeit expensive. I have seen it done several times. The Mopar VES DVD unit has a video output that can be tapped with a simple RCA jack and 2 wires. You're right that models change over the years but the DVD unit in Dodge trucks and SUV's from 2004-2006 allows for the same mod.
Here is the company that can adapt the REC unit for video input.
http://www.tvandnav2go.com /
I'll dig some more about the VES unit video mod. Point is, it has been done and yes, there is instructions out there that do not require you to obtain and study schematics.
azwiley1 wrote:

More info on this mod that has been done by several including how to add video output from the VES DVD unit. I hope this answers the OP's original question.
http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t 2185&highlight=ves+video
Miles thanks so much for your help, this group is helpful on subjects and I appreciate it, It seems the whole thing got off on is it legal or not. I just wanted to know how to do it. I have worked in electronics for 20 years and just need some insight to do it. Why invent the wheel all over again, if someone has done it and can help. Again thanks so much

Site Timeline