I have an '04 3500 Ram with factory Towing mirrors. I broke the driver's
side mirror and have a replacement. The problem is how do I remove the
plastic molding to effect the swap without destroying it? Two of the 3
mounting screws are clear, but the top door molding is probably held by
clips. In which direction should I apply force and how?
If you are talking about the small plastic molding directly on the inside of
the door opposit the mirror, it comes off with the door panel. It is
attached to the door panel. To take it off of the door panel, you must
first take off the door panel.
Hope this helps, sorry if I misunderstood your ???
Door Trim Panel - Removal
1. Remove the interior handle
1a. Remove the screw from the underside of the handle and remove the
2. Remove the screws at the mirror flag and near the inside handle (2
CAUTION: Trim panel is attached to the door using hooks molded into the
panel. Do not pull the trim panelstraight off or damage to the panel and/or
power switch assembly may occur
3. Lift the trim panel up off the belt seal and attachment hooks and
separate panel from the door slightly
4. Disconnect the power window switch electrical connector and remove trim
Side View Mirror - Removal
1. Remove door trim panel (above)
2. Disconnect the electrical connector and remove the nuts
3. Squeeze the electrical connector tabs and remove the mirror
Download the entire service manual:
Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.