tranny troubles 96 Dodge truck

it started out making wynning noise....changed filter put 4 quarts dodge type oil in...worked perfect for 3 days 150 miles....then got up this morning it made the wynny noise when first started it.....few miles down the road it went out....rechanged oil filer again its working fine again.....dont know how long....any suggestions....

Reply to
Mike Cheek

i seem to remember a tsb on a simmular condition. dont remember the number or what the fix was....been a while since i worked in the shops. hope this is atleast some help.

Reply to
Christopher Thompson

I once had a 1990 Dakota V6 w/auto. Bought it used with over 100,000. The previous owner said that the trannnie had been rebuilt one time. The trannie was giving me trouble including not shifting into the 4sp overdrive. Several trannie shops said it need to be rebuilt.

As a first move, I took the trannie pan off and changed the filter, cleaned the pan and refilled the fluid. It was OK for a while and then once again it stopped shifting into overdrive. Once again I changed the filtter and cleaned the pan. Each time there was a lot of goop in the pan.

A couple of more times I repeated this action. By the time I sold the truck at 200,000 miles the trannie was shifting OK and was normal except for being noiser than it should have been.

Old_Timer

Reply to
Old_Timer

Chris whats a tsb....thanks for everyones help....

Reply to
Mike Cheek

Technical Service Bulletin.

beekeep