Global Warming hits Parish, NY

Posted without comment

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

Hey why not? Everybody else seems to be claiming to be the father. Some refer to Miles as a big prick. He's certainly fuxked with a few mind's here.

Reply to
Roy

The NOAA and DOA stats do not back up your claims. They both show Lake Ontario surface temps to be about average. They were slightly above average in the fall and below average last spring and early summer. Go ahead, take a look for yourself since you failed to do so prior to making this statement. Just like you should have looked up whether it even freezes over before making your prior claim of such.

Reply to
miles

NOAA and DOA readings show 33-34F which is about the statistical average. Any colder and it would be frozen which it rarely does.

Colorado for starters. They have a huge lake that didn't freeze over because of global warming as well?

Reply to
miles

No TBone. It is you who were proven wrong. You tried to claim the lack of ice is why its been snowing. When you realized you were wrong you then claimed warmer water temps. How about looking some of this info up before you make more bonehead claims.

Reply to
miles

I see. Guess I'm wrong. The snow is the result of a lack of ice on Lake Ontario. Good grief you and TBone are hilarious!!

Ya, I did her. She's ok but wasn't worth the money she paid me.

Reply to
miles

Hmmm... she claimed the same about you. Said you were a little prick.

Reply to
Roy

Actually Miles, yes they do.

LOL, how is that even possible? Where are they taking those temps that you are referring to from and are they "about average" in relation to the current temps?? I don't think so. How is it possible that they were above average in the fall and now magically "about average" now??? The truth is that the temp were above average in the fall and are now still above average in relation to the current temps in the region and that is causing the lake to supply WAY more moisture to these storms then it normally would resulting in record lake effect snows. Any way you want to spin it Miles, you are wrong.

LOL, are you really this desperate Miles??? I guess so. Actually, what was said by the experts that if the lake was at its normal temps during the season, it WOULD HAVE FROZEN OVER with these very low temps in the area now and would not be able to dump this much moisture in the air causing these HUGE LAKE EFFECT SNOW STORMS. Go look it up.

Reply to
TBone

Statistical average, hahahahahahahahahahahaha, more right wing bullshit half truths. Those statistics are meaningless unless associated with the air temps at the time but you knew that, right???

And how much more snow did they get?

Reply to
TBone

It bugs me when science gets "polluted" by politics.

There apparently are some meteorologists who now want to decertify weathermen (from AMS professional membership) that don't buy in to human caused global warming science.

It seems I now have to quote "science" because we can't be certain how much of what it says is science and how much is politics.

Nothing new; been that way for centuries. Still annoying.

SMH

Reply to
Stephen Harding

Kinda reminds you of the time when people wanted to kill those who said the Earth wasn't the center of the universe

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Funny, I was thinking of Galileo when I wrote that!

Some things never change.

SMH

Reply to
Stephen Harding

That means you didn't bother looking. The surface temps are currently about 33-34F, right where they typically are. NOAA is currently showing Jan/Feb temps right about average.

Ahh, now you've proven that you did not even take a look at NOAA's or DOA's website. If you had you would see exactly where all of the temperature sensors are located.

Um, TBone, the average temperature for a given day of the year varies. Average temp in the summer is higher than it is in the winter. Or didn't you know that it's usually colder in the winter months than summer? What have you been smoking?? Too funny.

NOAA's stats for 2006/2007 show otherwise. You haven't even looked have you? You're just arguing aren't ya!! Theres some dang funny stuff right there!!

Experts huh? It has frozen over only twice in the last 100 years and only very briefly. The current temps match the average. I'd rather take NOAA's recorded temps than your politically motivated BS.

Reply to
miles

Temperatures are fairly repeatable from year to year but you already knew that right? Oh wait, no you didn't since you failed to look at NOAA's recorded readings. Now you claim they are meaningless anyways. Good grief do you run all over the place!! The variance is very low. Lake Erie is quite another story where temps vary widely from year to year. You do know why that is right?

You eastern flatlanders have no clue as to what a heavy snowfall is. 9 feet is a lot for a couple day period but is quite common in California, Colorado and elsewhere in the west. No big deal.

Reply to
miles

What I find amusing tho' is that our friends on the left are wanting to stifle debate on the subject. Aren't they always the ones who bitch the loudest about inclusion, etc.? 'Guess that only applies if you agree with 'em.

;^)

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

Which is the first bit of evidence that things are changing. Did you look at the air temp readings in relation to the water temp readings over time? Did you look at the air temp readings for the few times that it did freeze over?

Data taken out of contex or data missing key pieces is worthless but you knew that, right????

That's not what I said but I am used to your lame spin. What I said was that the data is meaningless unless ALL of the revelant data is taken into account which as usual, you didn't do.

What variance Miles???? The water temp or the air temp or both???

What exactly does that have to do with this? Oh, that's right, not a damn thing.

Once again, you resort to meaningless data and smoke and mirrors.

Reply to
TBone

Hey there bubba, I resent that! I am one of those "eastern flatlanders" and I can tell you that 110" + over the course of a week is a lot of damn snow,ANY where. Hell it might have just set a new Guinness Record. What you don't know (obviously) is that over the course of a typical Western/Upstate NY winter, specifically around Lake O where it does not freeze over, to have that much snow over the course of the winter is NOT uncommon. Let me go back a few years to 01-02 when Buffalo got 84" over a 36 (IIRC) hour period, want pictures?

I would like to see your proof as to where in Cali or Colo that they get 9' of snow? Don't say in the mountains because if you do, you are comparing apples to Dolly Parton, because now you would be throwing in a variable that would be IMPOSSIBLE to duplicate.

Reply to
azwiley1

Yes I realize you toss out any data that doesn't support your claim that global warming is whats making it so cold and snowy.

Hint for ya TBone. As the air temp goes up the water temp goes up but only if sustained and not just a week or two. It takes far longer with a deep lake. You still can't handle the fact that the water temp for Jan. and Feb. is right where it always is this time of year, 33-34F. You also fail to note that the same region was way below average temps last year (air). Was that global warming as well?

Why hasn't Chicago or South Bend gotten 9 feet of snow? They've been rather warm this year.

Oh but it does. Lake Erie water temps do vary, Lake Ontario does not very much. If you understood why you wouldn't keep up your absurd claims.

Reply to
miles

So it has to be low lying cities only or the heavy snows don't count? Almost all of the cities that get snow in CA or CO ARE in the mountains. It doesn't snow much in the deserts! Ok, compare the eastern mountain towns. No comparison to the west there either. Hell, even Flagstaff, AZ. averages more snow than Buffalo, NY.

Reply to
miles