Global Warming hits Parish, NY

First, I doubt seriously that Flagstaff averages more sound per year then Buffalo. If you have something that proves it, please post it.

Second, how can you legitimately compare snow levels of mountains that sit at 12k or higher in some cases to areas that sit only a few K above sea level? But lets talk about it, after doing some quick searching on the web, I have not found one city, including Denver that has reported that much snow over a winter.

Lets continue to talk about High cities, if they get that kind of snow that you claim they do, why is it that they have to completely shut down, like Denver has had to do this year? They only had a few feet, over generally the same amount of time as what has hit NY, yet, NY hasn't shut down like Denver has.

Want to know why? Becuase NY is used to getting snow like that ALL the time and is ALWAYS prepared for it. Areas like you mention DO NOT get snow like that and when they do get hit with a bad storm it is ALWAYS a problem.

Reply to
azwiley1

Oh, here we go, extracted from

DATA THROUGH 2002 YRS JAN FEB MAR APR MAY JUN JUL AUG SEP OCT NOV DEC ANN FLAGSTAFF, AZ 44 20.4 18.4 22.0 9.9

1.7 T T 0.0 0.1 2.0 9.9 15.9 100.3 DENVER, CO 61 8.1 7.5 12.5 8.9 1.6 0.0 T T 1.6 3.7 9.1 7.3 60.3 BUFFALO, NY 59 24.0 17.7 12.5 3.2 0.2 T T T T 0.3 11.4 24.3 93.6

Ironically enough, here are two that blow your claims to snow levels out of the water, though they also make NY look weak too.

VALDEZ, AK 31 66.3 58.4 52.3 22.5

2.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.4 12.1 39.6 72.4 326.0 YAKUTAT, AK 54 37.6 37.7 36.3 16.4 1.5 T 0.0 T T 5.6 22.0 38.2 195.3
Reply to
azwiley1

Few people realize that AZ gets more snow than most eastern cities. Furthermore, cities in eastern AZ get significantly more than Flagstaff.

Per NOAA Flagstaff 100.3", Buffalo 93.6"

Who said anything about 12K? None the less the western cities that get yearly snow ARE in the mountains.

Denver did not shut down. The airport did. Eastern cities come to a halt with little more than a foot or two of snow. DC is a classic example.

What??? The airports in the NY area were shutdown. The reason Denver's airport shutdown became national news is because it was over a holiday high traffic period and Denver is a major hub airport.

They do not. Buffalo and vicinity averages only 93" over an entire winter season. They are not used to 9 feet in a couple day period at all.

Reply to
miles

Note that Flagstaff averages more snow than Denver or Buffalo. Yes I know about Valdez as my brother lives there and has a snowcat to get around!

In California places like Twin Lakes, Soda Springs, and Mammoth Lakes all average over 400" a year.

Reply to
miles

My point was that on average the west averages far more snow than the east. Take a look at the ski areas which are all in the mountains in both the east and the west. The east has to rely on snow making for most areas and ski on hard pack and ice most of the time. Not so for most of the west. Alta, UT with it's 500" a year is tops!!

Reply to
miles

I didn't know you were that old Tom.

beekeep