Gulf Coast

I have no doubt that you also know the exact amount to torque the bolt that holds the rudder on place.

That was a little sarcastic. But you can handle it. ;)

Craig C.

Reply to
craig

I agree. And it's had to want to send them anything when you don't even see them trying to pick up the trash or anything. Who wants to help if they don't try to help themselves?

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

The Army and National Guard should have enforced the evacuation - those who had no way out taken out by military transport. Anyone remaining behind charged with criminal trespass at the very least - Looters shot on sight.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

I think that govenment was asleep at the switch (as usual for last

4+years) on this one and only got serious after the fact and bad press. They knew several days before that it could be very, very bad and did nothing. They should have pre-deployed 10 to 20,000 gaurdsman before the storm just out of the path of the worst of it on east and west sides and had them ready to move in as storm left to maintain law and order and to aid in rescue and flood control. Government has really dropped the ball here on this one at state and federal levels because it is not like they had no warning. They could have had things under much better control than they do now if people calling the shots really knew what they were doing. I read that the day after storm that one levee had not failed yet but was weaking and they were going to use Army blackhawk choppers to set 3000 lbs sand bags (several hundred) to shore thing up but some higher up clueless individual deverted the choppers and the levee failed later that day and set back recovery another 1 to 2 month, caused untold additional damage and loss of life.
Reply to
SnoMan

If it was in a chopper that baby will not do 250. Maybe 200 if it is light and you really push it but that is close to rotor stall speed on that chooper.

Reply to
SnoMan

Right... but since it was Air Force One, none of that matters...

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Vacationing? lol.

Reply to
miles

Wrong. NG spokesmen have stated that orderes to activate were sent out up to

48 hours prior to the storm hitting. This was on MSNBC, not noted as a conservative bastion.

As the NG spokesman said, its hard to be absolutely sure where to deploy when you aren't sure exact paths of destruction, or where the greatest need will be in that destruction. Thus, they deployed AFTER the storm as is standard procedure.

Reply to
Max Dodge

Interesting article explaining what was done in preparation before Katrina hit the gulf coast.

Nosey