He's baaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

So, what's your truck question?

Larry Behold Beware Believe

Reply to
Larry Crites

No Budd not in the least. I would think that you might take to alt.religion or whatever

You still don't get it do ya? Doubtful many here care and fewer probably want to read what ya believe in.

No Budd in mho you are a religious nut.

Yup, you were the first person I had ever used a killfile with. In fact I had figure out how to use it.

Budd you came back just to argue that's it nothing more, it is the same BS that you spewed before ya left last time

Here's my words to inspire you. Go f*ck yourself! I just don't have the time or inclnation to read your mindless crap.

Now that should inspire you to really play the victim.

Plonk!

Reply to
Roy

This is the same crap he ran last time. Imho if you engage him it provides a forum to spout his bs. I dropped him.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

agreed.

plonk

Reply to
theguy

Here we go again. Try this, thick skull: talk religious nonsense on a religious ng ... NOT ALT.AUTOS.DODGE.TRUCK.

Your stupidity is not that you believe ... it's that you try to convince everyone else. If we want to be brain washed, we'll find you in alt.religion.*

Craig C.

Reply to
mcraigchr

Sadly, your stupidity is that you are (or at least are giving the appearance of) trying to moderate an un-moderated group.

The sad thing I find here is that a lot of people are trying to moderate the group. If you want a moderated, invitation only group, start one. If you are protecting the interest of the unknowing, as it the case with Snoballs, that is all well and fine. But, if it is just something that you simply don't like or believe, why the f*ck don't we all just ignore it?

At one time, this group was full of people that talked, shared information and helped people. I would even go so far as to say that at one time, each one of us though of the others as "friends." Then there was the problems w/Lil Jay, then DD, and god knows who else.

What the f*ck happen?

Reply to
azwiley1

Yup, that's what I've done.

That still happens most of the time. But every so often this happens

With regards to this thread? What you see unfolding has happened before. You'd have to go back a few months to get the gist of it. Actually you probably should read it, sorta blew me away.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Imho it started several years ago when some of the old-timers kinda drifted away. Then a few dropped by and the drift of the group went to arguing about anything, didn't really matter what the subject was. And it didn't take long to get to the name calling and deep jabs. I think that drove off some of the other guys that got tired of reading it. I admit that it was entertaining for awhile but it does get old. Now it seems like its getting back to the 'friendly' stage with the joking and info trading. Of course, there are exceptions to everything.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Nah Roy, not with this thread, in general with the group. I started in here around 98 which is when I got stationed in Hawaii and have been here since. I have seen (read) a lot of shit in here, but over the last two years or so it has gotten crazy stupid.

Reply to
azwiley1

Different levels of tolorance I guess... Things and people change so it is what it is today. I'm sure it will change again as different people flow in and out.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

What's yours?

I've been around here about 10 years, and how long did you say you had been here?

Reply to
Budd Cochran

What good would that do if the misquote or misinterpretation is in a.ad.t.??????

I have no doubts about whether you care or not, you don't, but that's just the way you are about it, right?

OTOH, I do care, and that's the way I am about it.

Thank you. That's the kindest thing you've called me in a while.

Congrats. Glad I could help you increase your computer skills.

No, it's the same facts I stated and you objected to the last time.

Fine, then don't, but I'll leave the sexual perversity to those that don't believe it is the sin the Bible calls it.

I am not the "Victim", Roy. I am the warrior. I have the whole Armor of God (Ephesians)

Reply to
Budd Cochran

No, chip on the shoulder, just the Truth. As for turning it into a religious debate, all I said was I wasn't knuckling under to you, Roy, or anyone else about my beliefs or what I determine needs to be written in a reply.

If you misquote Scripture or misunderstand a quote of Scripture then I will reply to correct te errors, that's all.

You don't like what I post, kill file or ignore me.

Now your censoring me again. Sorry, but my beliefs don't allow me to turn my faith on or off when I come into the group. Btw, when it comes to my beliefs, wysiwyg.

Not "new found" but rather, I finally decided to shed the rest of my worldly ways. I took Christ as my personal Savior on Father's Day, 1978.

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Like I said a long time ago, Larry, we left the back door open too many times.

Reply to
Budd Cochran

No, Budd... "censoring you" would be him hacking into your news server and deleting your posts. Telling someone to "keep your religion to yourself" is not censorship - because you're free to ignore it (and you do). Again, you need to stop playing the victim "he's attacking me.... he's censoring me... he's stabbing me in the back..." - all claims made by you in the last few days.

You just couldn't WAIT to jump back in, with both feet, and stir things up. "Theguy" made one comment, in passing, about you (I believe his words were, "as for Budd, he pretty much lost it at the end" - describing the last time you declared you were "leaving the group"), and you just happened to pick up on it? You've been scanning this group every day since your previous departure - just waiting for the opportunity to come back in and play the role of the victim. In some way, you enjoy it. You must - you keep doing it.

And as far as hypocrisy goes, you should look in the mirror before accusing others of that. Back on Monday, didn't you say, "Makes me glad I'm not subscribed here anymore. Don't bother answering, I'm gone.". Yet, here you are.

Budd - you were a valued member here for many years. I always liked you, and respected you, both for your knowledge and your demeanor. But something changed you last year... your skin got a whole lot thinner, and you turned up the Christian rhetoric at least 20 notches.

Of course, all the above is just my opinion. In no way am I attempting to censor you, attack you, stab you in the back, or drive you away. Take it as you will.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

And the fluffy ball of fur on your rear :)) dale

Reply to
Dale Yonz

An attack is an attack, is it not? A "stab in the back" when someone is unable or not considered available to defend themselves is a "stab in the back" correct? Both happened, did they not? If I hadn't peeked in the group since the last time, about 3-4 weeks ago, I would probably have missed it since I only download 100 headers at a time.

"Censoring" is any denial of freedom of speech.

No, Tom, I am not "waiting for a chance to jump in with both feet", but if someone demeans me or my beliefs, do I not have the right to defend myself or my faith? If not the right, the Bible says I have to defend my faith, to stand up for what I believe. And that is the crux of the matter, the fact I do stand up when attacked and not roll over and play dead like some would have me do.

Yep, here I am . . .it's called "changing your mind".

You're right, a lot has changed. Like I mentioned in another reply, I'm trying to live closer to the Bible's requirements as I understand them thru prayer and fasting. Is it wrong to try to become a better person spiritually than you have been? That all I've done. Developing terminal illnesses cause that in some people, for me it was a need to find peace.

Tom, I value you as a friend also, and have learned much from you as well. I do not want to be known just for my beliefs but I want to be known I will stand up for my beliefs. Unfortunately, some in here seem dedicated to trying to make me never able respond to a Biblical misquote.

Tom, unlike "theguy", you came to me as close as "face to face" with your concern as the Internet allows. For that I cannot consider your words an attack, but rather the words of a concerned friend. Look at the informational replies to a few posters I've already made since I came back . . where's the proselytizing? The sigline is my signature and the replies are "just like old times".

Peace to you and yours, Tom.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

So where's the denial? Your ability to post has never been pre-empted. There's a difference between Joe Citizen telling you to "shut up", and say, a judge issuing an order for you to "shut up". The latter is certainly censorship.... the former, since it has no authority, is nothing more than a suggestion - one which you are free to ignore.

Heck - I have people tell me to shut up several times every day... doesn't mean I'm experiencing censorship.

I do consider you a friend, Budd, and I'm glad to see you back and contributing. I just hate to see you letting yourself get drawn into these senseless debates with people who's minds you're never going to change - people for whatever reason enjoy poking you with a stick.

I wish you all the best.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Hey Tom, shut up!

Reply to
azwiley1

Which I get chewed out for, told to take it to a religion group, etc. . . . but, just watch, Tom, I'll be chewed out for anything I post of a Christian nature, even if I'm trying to correct a quote.

IMHO, since this is an unmoderated group, if I or anyone of any faith or denomination, makes a comment in reply to a misquote, misconception, or misunderstanding of that belief, then NO ONE has the right or authority to desparage them, as it is a form of censorship, denying them their right to practice their beliefs.

Thank you, sir. I do hope I will be glad to be back, sometime. I do miss some of you clowns and Denny.

We've probably both known the bully types that pull flies wings off, steal candy/lunch money and those that start the fights with me are in the same category.

Thanks again. I've got some great friends in this group, I've got my family and my beliefs. Yep, I got the best.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran